Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-08-2008

Dual boot need more space for Linux partition.

Hi,
i have a simple problem to solve since i have a dual boot with Vista & Linux Ubuntu. I want to allocate more space for my Ubuntu partition drive. I want to know from which operating System should i perform this task?
Old 28-08-2008

Well as far as i can understand your situation, You should not have problem doing that from any one of the Operating System Just keep in mind what is actual size of your disk & how much you have already utilised & allocated to both partitions Do you have any space unpartitioned? You can perform the task from any of the operating system.! Go ahead!
Old 28-08-2008

Hey you can add a second Hard Drive!
Partiton Magic from your windows partition & Qparted/Gparted/Kparted from your linux distro should allow you to resize the partitions.
Old 29-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champak View Post
Hey you can add a second Hard Drive!
Partiton Magic from your windows partition & Qparted/Gparted/Kparted from your linux distro should allow you to resize the partitions.
Thanks alot guys for your reply!
I will try it out!
Old 10-09-2008

Sorry but can you guys tell me how to dual boot when Vista is installed & i need to install Linux. Can anyone direct me towards this?
Old 10-09-2008

You need to search in this section
http://forums.techarena.in/guides-tutorials/
& here is link for installing Ubuntu (Linux) on Vista machine
How to install Ubuntu when Vista is already installed?

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , ,