Thread: How can i test my Seagate Hard Disk?

matthewforu Guest

How can i test my Seagate Hard Disk?

I have a seagate hdd for quite long time i want to check if this drive is working or not. I am planning to hook it up & see. Now i just want to know is there any tool or software available to find out if this seagate hdd is in good condition or not & it its damaged what can i do?
    Thanks.

Hello friend!
    You can test it with the help of seagate hdd diagnosis tool.
    SeaTools for DOS v2.07 (Graphical)
    SeaTools for DOS can test a Parallel ATA (PATA and IDE) or a Serial ATA (SATA) interface disc drive. Because the software boots to its own operating system you can test your drive regardless of the OS installed on it. You can even test a new or completely blank drive. SeaTools for DOS will instruct the drive to run its built in Drive Self Test (DST) and give either a pass or fail status.
    Download SeaTools for DOS (Floppy Diskette Creator)
    Download SeaTools for DOS (ISO CD-ROM Image)

SeaTools for DOS v1.10 (Text)
    SeaTools for DOS can test a Parallel ATA (PATA and IDE) or a Serial ATA (SATA) interface disc drive. Because the software boots to its own operating system you can test your drive regardless of the OS installed on it. SeaTools for DOS will instruct the drive to run its built in Drive Self Test (DST) and give either a pass or fail status. If you are troubleshooting your disc drive and the DST passes, then you have a good drive!
    Download SeaTools for DOS (Floppy Diskette Creator)
    - Download SeaTools for DOS (ISO CD-ROM Image)

SeaTools for Windows v1.1.0.14
    SeaTools for Windows is a comprehensive, easy-to-use diagnostic tool that helps you quickly determine the condition of the disc drive in your external hard drive, desktop or notebook computer. It includes several tests that will examine the physical media on your Seagate disc drive and any non-Seagate disc drive.
    SeaTools for Windows tests USB, 1394, ATA (PATA/IDE), SATA and SCSI drives. It install onto your system. SeaTools for Windows is completely data safe.
    Download SeaTools for Windows (32-bit) Setup file

SeaTools Enterprise Edition
    SeaTools Diagnostic Suite is Seagate's exclusive disc drive diagnostic software designed to troubleshoot most Seagate hard drive issues. Ideal for SCSI or Fibre Channel drives in servers and workstations. Tests multiple drives simultaneously and sequentially. This version does not test ATA or SATA.
    Download SeaTools Enterprise Edition v2.4.39 (Windows | 07.16.2003)
    Download SeaTools Enterprise Edition v2.54 (Linux Command Line | 09.21.2001)
    Download SeaTools Enterprise Edition v5.2.23-010730 (Linux Graphical)

Seagate /Acronis DiscWizard 10.0.0.5077
    Seagate DiscWizard makes it easy to work with your new Seagate disc drives. DiscWizard lets you quickly install your new disc drive, with wizards that guide you through the processes of creating and formatting partitions on your disc drive.
    DiscWizard also lets you transfer your data to your new Seagate disc drive in minutes. The software migrates everything – your operating systems, applications, documents and personal setting – to your new disc drives just as you had them. After you migrate, you can keep using your PC just like before. You can then keep your old drive as a backup or use DiscWizard to store your image backups.
    Download DiscWizard

Here you can find Hard Disk diagnosis tool for a Samsung hdd
    Require latest VLC player