Thread: Hard Disk Setup for Win XP

Hard Disk Setup for Win XP

I had to reformat and I want to know what is the best configuration to place hard drives and DVD drives How?

I have the current operating system temporarily in the IDE hard Channel 1 as it was before the system into a partition of 200GB hard drive sat on Channel 2 but I started to give problems and to discard the problems of hardware installed in an old IDE hard disk.

What is recommended configuration?

Thank you

I do not think you have storage problems ..

the configuration of ide and the sata, depends on the motherboard and you should read carefully the instructions for setting the single or Sata or alone, so you can boot an OS from a Sata or an IDE smoothly is the key in shaping the Setup (bios) depending on the situation and preferences have to change the order of boot or boot sequence, sometimes even it is necessary to disable the RAID option for Sata .., and testing different configurations, at least that is what I do

Hi

Installing Xp Sata in the procedure also depends on the card, some do not need to install drivers for Sata Xp without recognizing the problems, but if the board is the first that came with the Sata ports more secure is that while installing the Xp prompted these drivers must be prepared on a diskette, you need to get these drivers go to the home page of the manufacturer of the motherboard ..