Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

My computer does not recognize the CD ROM drive

Hardware Peripherals

Old 26-08-2008

My computer does not recognize the CD ROM drive

Hi,

I have a problem that my computer does not recognize the CD ROM drive ... try restarting the computer, but it remains the same ... When I insert a CD into the reader does not recognize it and to try to burn a cd, it tells me the same thing tells me that the drive is not recognized .. I tried doing the updates, looking at the list of device manager tries to update, but did not find the driver on the list ... no longer do that ...

If you can help, I would greatly appreciate!

Old 26-08-2008

in the control panel (light classical) to go where it says system within the screen that appears, go to where it says hardware and then Device Manager Look where it says CD or DVD (called the sign that has more if necessary) if you have a yellow icon is because it does not recognize the click on device, placed right click Update Driver, then SI only once and wait for it detects the driver, if not detected because it is losing control sees the brand and model of the unit and find the driver on the Web

if you have doubts, post it
Old 26-08-2008

Thanks,

Well, when I open my PC does not appear that the reader cd dvd soon as the unit was always D. when I put a CD nothing happens, do not read does not recognize nor appears anything on my PC.
Old 23-09-2009

Re: My computer does not recognize the CD ROM drive

its happening the same to me... but it recognized it when I use the USB.. what did you do?!?

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: ,