Thread: HP 7150 Printer not working with vista

HP 7150 Printer not working with vista

Hi!

So I just bought a new PC, with Vista Home Premium pre installed on it, however, when I tried to install my Printer (HP Photosmart 7150) it doesn't work!
    I first used the drivers from the disk, but they failed, then I downloaded Vista drivers from HPs website, and they too failed! Anyone have any ideas? I googled, but can't find any solutions.
    What happens is that it installs using the disk, but the printer doesn't appear in the 'printers' folder in control panel, nor does it appear when selecting 'print' on a document or whatever. The downloaded Vista drivers seem to allow the printer to appear in the 'printers' folder, but when selecting print, it just doesn't do anything, says 'printing failed'.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, as I have urgent things needing printed by friday!

Thanks for advice

Hi,

While installing the printer, go to Device Manager and you will see two 1284.n drivers for the HP printer when you connect the printer to a USB port. You need to change the driver for the second of these in Device Manager to "USB Printing Support" (saying "Let me pick" the driver). You should eventually see "USB Printing Support" listed under "Universal Serial Bus controllers." When you install the drivers, use the port "USB001-Virtual printer port for USB." Do not use the port "DOT4-HP Photosmart 7150 series Printer." For a driver, use the inbox Vista HP Photosmart 7200 series driver.

Hi,

Drivers for HP 7150 Printer

Hi thanks, but those are the drivers that i'm talking about. somehow they just don't work for me.