Thread: Changing Drive's location

Changing Drive's location

Hi,

Few days back I have changed my new hard Disk from my old pc to new one. Now again I am going to put it in old pc. I have some doubt.

My old hard drive is located in C: and I want to know whether removing the hard drive while not create any conflict. This is because I have to start with the windows cd because the operating system installed on D:, one of the partitions on your hard drive that you buy with your computer.
    Should we do something special to remove the hard drive or simply remove him and the same windows recognizes the operation and relocates C: at D:?
    Thanks in advance.

I have not misunderstood the situation .. The letter C: is normally assigned to the system's hard disk or local disk .. installed on the IDE channel 1 or the SAT 1 and configured as Master (in the case of FDI), I understand you have two systems one in C: (old record) and another in D: (new computer's hard disk). If you take away the hard drive you have in the IDE 1 as master and put in place the hard drive with another operating system as a master, I think what Bios assigned as C: ..but probably the sector dual boot is on the first disc and if you take away you may not be able to start another because you do not have entry and need to replenish or reinstall the system .. the discs are not going to happen just nothing you can not run for the reason that you said, everything depends on how you've installed operating systems ... if the partitions are primary and active they are the only ones from which you can boot ..

When you install an operating system the bootloader is written in the first sector of the disk C: and probably the operating system you have installed on D: Please check written in C:

I removed the old hard drive which I believe is an IDE because plugged with a wire gauge of very many cables and when I start , I was on the screen to restart because it lacked file "NTLDR" or something so ...

Put the original Cd of your operating system and do repair. I think it should work.