Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How can i connect my laptop to PC?

Hardware Peripherals

Old 08-08-2008

How can i connect my laptop to PC?

Hi
i want to connect my laptop with my desktop for sharing some files faster ie. transferring data from Pc to laptop. What is the best way doing this?
Thanks
Jaslein

Old 08-08-2008

Hey you can connect your laptop to PC. This is very easy Just do the following
1) If you have an Ethernet card installed on your laptop and on your PC you can directly connect them with a cross-over LAN cable (in case You don't have network hub). or a straight LAN cable (if you are using a network hub or network switch between the computers)
Or
2)Direct cable connect from parallel port to parellal port (help available in windows)
Or
3)Using a Null modem cable from one serial port to the other.
Old 08-08-2008

You can follow How do I connect my PC and laptop
Old 08-08-2008

This is also a nice artical for your problem
Connect pc to laptop
Old 02-10-2008

Good

It can be done as with the laptop, but normally the desktop that include graphics card (non-integrated graphics chip on board) also have TV output.

I advise you not to use the TV for a daily use of the PC, as it tends to be quite uncomfortable, and certainly the texts you'll see quite blurred. It's good to see some movie and so on, but little more, never as a substitute for the monitor.
Old 03-10-2008

Quote:
I advise you not to use the TV for a daily use of the PC, as it tends to be quite uncomfortable, and certainly the texts you'll see quite blurred. It's good to see some movie and so on, but little more, never as a substitute for the monitor.
Agreed!
Thanks for replying me guys you are simply great! & thanks Rocco & Florence for the links!

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , ,