Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Continuous beep! Is it RAM issue?

Hardware Peripherals

Old 07-08-2008

Continuous beep! Is it RAM issue?

Hello.

My computer is just 2 years old. From yesterday, it has stopped booting. The screen remains blank while I can hear the movement of inside fans. Then a beep comes. Its like a continuous beep, sounds something like siren. Is it related to some RAM problem.

How to deal with this?

Old 07-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazwsx View Post
Hello.

My computer is just 2 years old. From yesterday, it has stopped booting. The screen remains blank while I can hear the movement of inside fans. Then a beep comes. Its like a continuous beep, sounds something like siren. Is it related to some RAM problem.

How to deal with this?
Seems like a ram problem. Can you elaborate the beeping.
Old 07-08-2008

Yes, the beeping is once high once low. Thats why compared it to like siren. And it goes on continuously.
Old 07-08-2008

Such beep could be the result of over heating of the processor. Just check if the heat sink is free of dust and other particles. Also clean the dust and debris that might have accumulated on the fan. See if that works.
Old 07-08-2008

Also check if the RAM, Video cards and PCI cards are properly seated into their slots. Check the jumper settings. Take the CMOS battery out and then push the power button and hold it for 20-25 seconds. Dont worry about pushing the start button, as it will not start the PC since CMOS battery is out. Now again put the CMOS battery in its place. Check if your PC boots now.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , ,