Thread: Laptop Cooling Pad - India

Laptop Cooling Pad - India

LAPTOP COOLING PAD - INDIA

Hi Dear Forum Experts and friends...

I need your valuable inputs and help.

# I am having one Acer Laptop and it gets automatically shut down. The most probable reason that I could identify is that it gets very heated -- the hard disk etc and therefore autoshuts.

I am thinking of purchasing one LAPTOP COOLING PAD...

Few Points:

1. I am looking for something which can be purchased locally in India (most preferably in Kolkata itself).
    2. Something which is best value for money.
    3. If premium brand is available like antec cooling pad or anything similar please suggest that.

Please let me know the choices available in the Indian Market and the advantages / disadvantages.

This is a little urgent as I am unable to use the laptop for even 1 hour continuously. Thanks for ur time and help.

Thanks for ur inputs.

Regards
    Sunando Ghosh
    sunandoghosh at gmail dot com

PLSSSS reply

Hi Sunando,
    I regret for replying so late. For your cooling solution for the Acer laptop, I have found one on Rediff shopping. Its not very costly and I think you should have a look at it. The shipping is available through out India and shipping cost is also low. Have a look at Rediff - Notebook / Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Pad Cooling Solutions and reply me if you like it or not

ThumbsUp

Hey sunandoghosh!

I too had the same problem on my PC, infact it was shutting down randomly. But here is the solution which I found for this problem:

Please make sure you scan for the Computer Virus called SASSER. This Virus can affect your system and will power it down randomly.

Please follow the instructions to remove the virus:

• open the DOS box with start, run, type "CMD" and press enter
    • type in shutdown -a enter
    • install the security patch from Microsoft
    • use the virus remove tool
    • update your virus scanner

The security patch from Microsoft for Windows XP (please select the correct language for your Operating system): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...1-AF243B6168F3

The security patch from microsoft for Windows 2000 (please select the correct langauge for your Operating System): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...B-D2342FBB6C00

Virus remove tool from microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

This could also be because of your power supply unit that you are using. May be psu is in its last stage. Try using some different psu and see whether the problem still persists.

Quote Originally Posted by sunandoghosh View Post
    LAPTOP COOLING PAD - INDIA

1. I am looking for something which can be purchased locally in India (most preferably in Kolkata itself).
    2. Something which is best value for money.
    3. If premium brand is available like antec cooling pad or anything similar please suggest that.
    Some good deals at Ebay India

Quote Originally Posted by Sheru View Post
    Some good deals at Ebay India
    thanks buddy...lots of hoices but no great brand per se...still thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Baani View Post
    Hi Sunando,
    I regret for replying so late. For your cooling solution for the Acer laptop, I have found one on Rediff shopping. Its not very costly and I think you should have a look at it. The shipping is available through out India and shipping cost is also low. Have a look at Rediff - Notebook / Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Pad Cooling Solutions and reply me if you like it or not
    Not Bad compared to price but still looking for something better

Quote Originally Posted by unlimitedtech View Post
    Hey sunandoghosh!

I too had the same problem on my PC, infact it was shutting down randomly. But here is the solution which I found for this problem:

Please make sure you scan for the Computer Virus called SASSER. This Virus can affect your system and will power it down randomly.

Please follow the instructions to remove the virus:

• open the DOS box with start, run, type "CMD" and press enter
    • type in shutdown -a enter
    • install the security patch from Microsoft
    • use the virus remove tool
    • update your virus scanner

The security patch from Microsoft for Windows XP (please select the correct language for your Operating system): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...1-AF243B6168F3

The security patch from microsoft for Windows 2000 (please select the correct langauge for your Operating System): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...B-D2342FBB6C00

Virus remove tool from microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    thanks i remeber i faced this earlier ...can confirm that sasser virus is not in my laptop

Quote Originally Posted by BiGMaCHiNe View Post
    This could also be because of your power supply unit that you are using. May be psu is in its last stage. Try using some different psu and see whether the problem still persists.
    I am wondering how to use a different PSU in laptop...ANY IDEAS...???

I regret sunandoghosh for my mistake but I didn't read the laptop part. I thought you are using desktop computer. But anyways that could be the problem of battery also. How old is your battery?