Thread: problem with CTRL Key

problem with CTRL Key

I have an Acer laptop & the Right control key of it is not working any more except that the left one is working fine. I still face problem even after exchanging the keyboard three times. So to clear all the doubts it is not the keyboard which is at fault but the laptop itself. Or maybe something else that you would like to share or solve or perhaps any settings that i dont know.

I doubt that it is the motherboard or the ribbon connector having bad contact on it. Have you tried moving the cable around with the keyboard that is raised above? My friend had a laptop on which the connector between the mobo & daughter board had bad pins which cant be repaired & that would only work at odd times. So between the motherboards i needed to solder its 8 friggen tiny wires which was really hectic.

The first thing that you need to do is detroy any software problem occured. Did you try connecting up another keyboard to the USB or PS2 & checking out if the control key is working or not? So if it works then you can probably say that it was a software problem for sure.

The worst part of most laptop is that they have their own special keyboard softwares that is being used. Did to try to boot into a non-windows environment & seeing if the that keys is functioning properly?