Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Problems with video playback

Hardware Peripherals

Old 02-08-2008

Problems with video playback

Hi, I recorded a broadcast to the TV via my USB key( Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T 500 PCI). my pc core 2 duo , 2 GB and a 7200 RPM SATA disk. The video file is 3 GB (MPEG) . I tested the file on the laptop recording, it works very well.

However I tested read this file on two other computers, and have large cascades reading before a freeze.Both computers are equipped with the Combined Community Codec Pack (just like my portable recording).

I tried to install on one of these two computers the CD of my USB key (to time codes are to be added). I was installed MPEG Decoders SW, but it did nothing at all arranged my problem.

In short, I see no problem. Is it possible that the registration is with a Core 2 Duo problem of speed on the video file or something like that?

Thank you

Old 02-08-2008

What are the configure of these 2 computers?
If this kind of pack codes lead regular problems, it is better to install them instead using some codes that are needed .
Old 02-08-2008

1. Portable: Dual Core T2130 / 1 GB / SATA 100 GB 5400 RPM
2. P4A 2.4Ghz with 1mb
Old 02-08-2008

I located my problem. Upon registration, when the image from 4 / 3 to 16 / 9, it makes a brief artifact on the video file.

I cut this artifact, and now the video is perfectly readable.

The fact is that it does not explain the phenomenon: why this artifact passes without problem when playing on the PC recorder, and why this artifact sets the reader a PC lamb ... . I suspect a hardware problem rather than software (Core 2 Duo), but I do not see too how it can intervene in the encoding.Otherwise to cut my MPEG file without re compression .. not easy at all!

Free Fast MPEG Cut:
program that allowed me to cut that part brooked, which has solved my problem of incompatibility, but I shifted the sound of 2s

Mpeg2cut2:
craft program which allowed me to cut that part brooked, but did not resolve the incompatibility

VideoReDo Plus
program that allowed me to cut that part brooked, which has solved my problem of incompatibility
Old 02-08-2008

It is a problem encoding and codec that's all.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , ,