Thread: PCMCIA reader

PCMCIA reader

I had an old pcmcia drive so therefore i bought a new one but it made no difference in speed? It is used for my laptop data card which is in the desktop. I thought the new one would be at 2.0 speed than the old one having a speed of 1.0 but it is the same but one thing is for sure that it is faster in my laptop, why? Thanks in adv.

Did you check if there are any updates for the PCMCIA driver for the desktop? Also please post your computer specifications, what operating system,etc. What is the model fo the PCMCIA card reader?

Specifications are Intel PII300 abit motherboard with operating system XP Pro, very old build. The old card reader I got in the 90's whereas the new one i got 2 days back, it has a rear slot entry & also attaches to a pci slot.I am thinking of building a new machine so that i can play some new games. So my guess is that my mobo is not fit enough although having a 2.0 card in a pci slot as well and it works at that speed.

You need to have minimum suggested hardware or memory or free drive space so that you can get the most out of it because 300mhz processor is pretty old & you cant do much on that machine though due to better memory management windows xp should help things go a little faster. Also you havent provided enough information of the make or model of the card reader so that one can gather info regarding on its bus limitations or throughput, etc. A pci card bus adapter of 32 bit transfer rate will be a little fater than the old 16 bit transfer rate. Also a new question arises on the subject for building new computer. If you want any assistance for good syste, or budgets than we can also look into that matter as well. Is that USB 2.0 or pc-card II?

Re: PCMCIA reader

Pcmcia Mtd-0002 Drİwer Help Please

Re: PCMCIA reader

Quote Originally Posted by msdava View Post
    Pcmcia Mtd-0002 Drİwer Help Please
    Can you please tell us what is the make and model of your computer or its full technical specifications. Additionally you can check some suggestions given in similar kind of thread here - Found New Hardware: PCMCIA MTD-0002