Thread: Whirring Sound?

Whirring Sound?

Now, the cpu shows the current usage fluctuating between 1% to 2% in windows task manager with a constant whirring sound which is very annoying. Only my anti-virus is doing some scanning at this time. When a program uses more Cpu activity this happens on a constant basis although the processes is at 40. As i dont know what is going on perhaps a solution for this can be suggested. Thanks

If there is any disc in the cd drive remove it.

Thanks but that didnt help. Well, as am not a guru & with sufficient knowledge i dont have this kinda experience. I also opened the computer case but couldnt find where was the noise coming from. Only the fan is running continuously although Cpu usage fluctuates between 1% upwards. Will give you info on how thing goes right now.

Did you try to find out what are all the parts that are giving noise? Try to listen closely from the cooling fans and hard drives, cd/dvd rom,etc. When you turn off your pc do you see any dust bunny, slip of paper from the cooling fans? Many new hardware have fan control based on built in temperature monitors that will kick the fans into high speed mode when the temperature gets high enough but when the computer is powered on, the fans will be on. I doubt it's related to CPU usage but if it is based on temperature, and is a fan kicking into high, it might happen when the system is loaded enough to heat up the processor/chipset/videocard etc.