Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installing Audigy 2 drivers and Software for Live! /Audigy cards.

but what do i do about that windows logo test error if it comes again
    cause if windows dnst recognize it as audigy1 then the audigy1 drivers are not detecting the card
    I know You're A Self Made Man Its Nice Of You To Take The Blame

I could make a monkey out of you But why should i take All the credit

exactly .
    once ctcomp is gone .. this shouldnt happen

well im using the audigy2 drivers now..seems to working good now...the best thing is that the fps in games have increased..after installing the drivers......i mean im playing doom3 @1024 with very high in my system (chk my rig) and am getting an average of around 30-35 which is playable

ok how do i uninstall these drivers
    hey raven theres no ctcomp on my add and remove programes
    the drivers are not working properly the bass out put has gone to the dogs god knows what happened suddelnly theres very lil bass coming from the subwoofer .. even the soft vocals that used to come from the subwoofer have started coming from the fron speakers
    and also this windows logo problem is also still there,, when i tried installing the omega drivers for my 9600 the same error came this product has not passed the windows logo test plz stop the installation immediately..
    how about someone writing a guide on how to uninstall the drivers

i found some more interesting things
    Equalizer Patch

Grab this to get the EQ working fully

Link 1: http://home.earthlink.net/~necrosis_2003/patch.exe
    Link 2: http://www.surana.plus.com/stuff/patch.exe
    Hidden Creative Audio Control Panel (optional)
    Since many people HATE the creative control panels, creative has hidden one to really piss you off! In addtiona, it is unified and has almost all neccessary options.
    http://www.surana.plus.com/stuff//ctpanel.zip (special thanks to Down1oader)
    http://members.rogers.com/bbpfiles/ctpanel.zip
    Source: http://www.driverheaven.net/showthre...4&page=1&pp=15

still lookin into how to uninstall the drivers
    Last edited by theraven; 04-12-2004 at 08:04 PM.

Uninstalling audigy drivers

I've been having the same problem. The bass are visibly lesser than before after installing audigy2 drivers for audigy1 card.

After uninstalling audigy2 drivers, I cannot install the original audigy1 drivers, as the installation fails to detect any audigy card in the system. I've found a way to reinstall the audigy1 drivers after much trial and error...

1. Look for this file ..\Drivers\CTZAPXX.exe in the folder that contains the audigy2 installation folder. Execute it and select uninstall drivers to remove all instances of the audigy drivers. Reboot the pc when prompted to do so.

2. Upon rebooting, Windows will detect new hardware and attempt to install new drivers for them. Select cancel for all of them. Now your pc should be clean of all creative drivers.

1. Download the latest driver for Audigy1 from Creative website. (AUD_EAX4DRV_031031.exe). My experience is that the audigy1 card still sound the best under the audigy1 drivers. Extract(unzip) this file to a convenient location, do not execute it yet.

4. Next, look again for this file ..\Drivers\CTZAPXX.exe in the location that you have extracted to. Execute it and select install drivers. Reboot the pc when prompted to do so.

5. Now the soundcard should be working. Next, you need to install the Creative suite of products as required, AudioHQ, SurroundMixer, EAX console etc. Fortunately, you can use the audigy2 versions that are included in the sb_install_multilang.rar (available earlier in the thread). All these programs can be found under ..\Audio\ subdirectories.

With that, I'm able to use the CMSS2 feature under the EAX console to bring out the surround sound from DVD or CMSS for normal MP3 songs. It certainly sounds better than before to warrant all the effort.

Let me know if it works for you.

im using the audigy2 drives working nicely
    But i have a major problem now .. hey any of u guyz tried using the guide? do u get that stupid windows logo test???
    im stuck now as the error even comes while installing dx 9c... so now im still stuck with dx 9b and republic commando wont play on my system ( plzz anyone help me out here how do i go about this

Quote Originally Posted by satanofgamers
    im using the audigy2 drives working nicely
    But i have a major problem now .. hey any of u guyz tried using the guide? do u get that stupid windows logo test???
    im stuck now as the error even comes while installing dx 9c... so now im still stuck with dx 9b and republic commando wont play on my system ( plzz anyone help me out here how do i go about this
    What errors are you getting ? Post a screenie ! Also you will get the "these drivers are nonwhql thingy"...........but there shud be no probs as such.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12