| || |
Join Date: May 2008
Re: Apple iPhone 5c FAQ
How to suppress calls and notifications (Do Not Disturb)
If you don't want to be disturbed by calls or notifications, you can set your phone to silent mode for a specified period of time. You can also choose that your phone should ring when you receive calls from certain contacts even though your phone is in silent mode.
- Turn on Do Not Disturb
- Press Settings.
- Press Do Not Disturb.
- Press the indicator next to "Manual" until the function is turned on.
- Set period of time
- Press the indicator next to "Scheduled" until the display tells you that the function is turned on.
- Press the field below "Scheduled".
- Press From or To.
- Drag hours and minutes upwards or downwards to specify the period of time in which you don't want to be disturbed.
- Press Back.
Please note that your phone is only in silent mode when the screen lock is turned on. If the screen lock is turned off, you'll hear all calls and notifications.
- Select contacts
- Press Allow Calls From.
- Press Everyone, No One, Favourites or the required group.
- Press Back.
You can select which contacts can call you or sent you messages even though Do Not Disturb is turned on. You need to add the contact to your favourites before you can select Favourites. You can create groups in iCloud on your computer.
- Turn Repeated Calls on or off
- Press the indicator next to "Repeated Calls" to turn the function on or off.
You can set your phone to ring if the same person calls you twice within three minutes even though Do Not Disturb is turned on.
- Return to the home screen
- Press the Home key to return to the home screen.