Thread: How to create Personal Cloud Storage in Western Digital My Net N900 Router

How to create Personal Cloud Storage in Western Digital My Net N900 Router

The following tips will help you to configure a Media Server or your own Personal Cloud Server using Western Digital My Net N900 Wifi router. My Net N900 comes with two USB ports on the back side. The one is USB 2.0 and the other one is USB 3.0. The router features media sharing through Storage, Share, DLNA, iTunes & FTP. Through these modes you would be able to access media files easily on the web. You can attach a USB Hard drive or a USB Pen Drive directly to the router and share the files instantly. Also it act as your personal Cloud for file storage that you can access from anywhere in the network. Let’s begin with the setup. You will need at least 4GB USB drive and it is better if you are using USB 3.0.

Step 1: Open the router page by clicking on WD Router Login icon or by typing 192.168.6.1 in the web browser.

MyNet N900 Dashboard

Step 2: Now we will need to configure the storage on the router and then it will be shared. So in the router login page click on “Set up Storage”. There are just 4 steps to add the device on network. Just follow the screen instructions. The drive connected will be shown on the page.

MyNet N900 Storage

MyNet N900 LAN Sharing

Step 3: Once the drive is configured turn on Wifi of your laptop. The system must be on common workgroup. So click on Network Places and there you can find W900 listed as a shared space. When you click on that you will find the Shared Drive and through that you can stream content.

Step 4: For using the same on Smartphone’s, like on Android platform you can use WD2Go or ES File Explorer. This application is capable of detecting the shared files on the Wifi.

Re: How to create Personal Cloud Storage in Western Digital My Net N900 Router

The only flaw with this process is you cannot simply get the same shared content on LAN. It just works for Wi-Fi only. And WD2Go is very annoying. It is made for My Net N900 Central not for My Net N900. I had tested ES File Explorer on that but some video are not playing. It can be an internal codec bug.

Re: How to create Personal Cloud Storage in Western Digital My Net N900 Router

Guys you all can check out video tutorial for creating Personal Cloud Storage in Western Digital My Net N900 Router here. If anyone has any query at any point then they can revert back to me for help.