Google’s GOMO is a short simple service to generate a mobile site instantly from your existing interface. I had carried a test on the same via demo BlogSpot. That is the easiest way to explain you about all the features. GoMo is Google’s free service for those who are looking for a simple mobile site without going in the process of development. You just need to provide your URL and that’s all GoMo generates a site sample for you based on pre-configure website. It has worked on many websites. The importance of mobile site is rising as Smartphone started getting into existence. Web is cheaper and new technology had made many sites more compatible for all platforms. It is necessary that with your full site you must carry a mobile version also. This becomes easier for your users to access your website and stay updated. The following article is based on entire guide how you can build a mobile site with the help of GoMo. For the 1st year there is no charge on it. Or else there is a value pack for $108. Yet there is no need to pay for any service. You can sign up with your existing Gmail id and start working on your website. Rightnow there is unlimited email and phone support provided by GoMo in case you face any difficultly. Other than this GoMo also offers you to choose a developer. There are some references on the official website (howtogomo.com) under GET STARTED > Find a Developer. If you are not sure about going with automated process you can hire a developer based on your budget. GoMo has made our task more easily eliminating the time needed to create a mobile site. That involves finding a developer, then making a template of your site, then setting up different database, etc. GoMo brings a full pack of features where you need to simply click on the interface to generate mobile version of your website. Before generating it offers you a preview so that you can choose and go ahead as per your need.
If we talk about ecommerce, technical forums, or news website, then all of them need a mobile version. For a user to open the current website on a small screen is annoying. A mobile site is a more optimized version with better text, content, and links. The user can simply click on the most needed stuff and access information. The same is applicable for ecommerce also. No one loves to open a big page and then search for links. Only some Smartphone’s comes with inbuilt engine which enhances the web surfing. But that too is very limited. With my demo blog I created some post to ensure how this thing works. I am not going to give you a vast example, but quick settings by which you can create a site instantly. There is no need to worry about your web server. There are no changes done on that. GoMo works on its own server creating a replica of your website in mobile form. You also do not need to enter your web server logins. This is the best positive point I found yet. Ecommerce and mobile platforms go hand in hand. On a desktop version more products are displayed while mobile site can be used to display the hottest offers. You are getting a free mobile site instantly. Thanks Google for such rich features.
GoMo and Adsense:
Many of you might be wondering what will happen to ads. Is it possible to get ads on mobile version. How to promote my new mobile? What about Adwords. The answer is simple. Everything will work. Google has done great implementation for that. Your mobile site is just like regular one. There are no changes and your existing services will also work on the mobile version. You can use Adwords. The mobile site can be promoted with the help of Adwords campaign. Because creating site is not the last work. After that the most important step is promoting your website, so that your people should came to know. Appropriate promotion will help people to locate your site more easily. It is possible to create mobile only ad campaigns. You will need to visits Google blogs for that to read in detail how this works. With Mobile-only ad campaign your site will get more visibility. Another option is promoting your site with Mobile Ads. A separate format for mobile is used by Google to display ads.
Without getting in coding stuff, Google offers simple interface to configure that. You can promote that product by buying mobile ads. You can configure ad and choose a preview to see how it will appear. Later on you can publish the same. Keyboard targeting is also added. For detailed information on this I will recommend you to once visit Google Mobiles Ads blog. There are ample of information to monetize your size. Google+ pages are integrated for a powerful social networking support and Adsense support. Earn revenues same as you earn from standard site. In short your area of earning expands more when you go for a mobile version. You can target a larger audience by promoting your site on portable platform.
Create a Mobile site through GoMo
GoMo gives you a free 1 year premium hosting service. After that charges are applied. 1 year is quiet enough to expand your business. If you had started new website, you can make a mobile version of the same also, and if you find that in future this is not going to give you a much help, you can discontinue the same. Google helps its users by giving email and phone support to deal with various errors. Many free services like this lacks technical support. The process to build up a mobile site is easy. GoMo arranges ample of elements properly. It not only reduces stuff which is not needed but a make a prefect preview of your current site. It does not looks complicated nor dull, but a simple phone site. Sharing information becomes more easier. Let’s begin with the process of creating website.
Step 1 :
Go on - howtogomo.com > Test your Site > GoMoMeter.
The step involves in process to check how your website will look. You can find out the performance before making a mobile version. This is important step to make a site. Click on TEST YOUR SITE after entering the full site URL in Enter your Website’s URL box. After a few time you can see a mobile version with option to choose the right category for your site. It is recommended that you must choose the right category here. Following is a glimpse of all categories :
- Publisher : This section deals for CMS companies. Those who earn revenue from their websites by publishing new content. Also the category includes business which sell content, or simply carry out survey, etc. If you are engaged in online content based business then choose this option.
- Online Only : This section is for those who carry online shop or ecommerce site. If you are engaged in online buying selling, gaming, advertising, etc choose this one.
- Lead Generation : This section is for those who are in business of helping their clients directly. For example insurance, hotels, etc. The business which involved in direct client buying and selling comes under this category.
- Brand Driven : All branded products come under this category. If you sell some brand or engaged with business with specific brand only, then choose this option.
- Multi-Channel – Business which is carried out on both mode, online and offline comes under this section. Mostly financial companies come under this category along with telecom.
Once you had done with choosing the right section for your site you have to fill up small details below. These details will help GoMo to make your mobile website better. This details are like simple question based on broken image or missing content, text quality and scroll, links visibility, shopping cart visibility, etc. Provide appropriate answers for the same so that you can get a better output. Once you filled up all stuff clicks on GET RESULTS. The next process is getting a site report. GoMo works on automated engine that calculates your site rating. It generates a report which can help to optimize your mobile site in better way. Rating is given from 6 points. They are Loading Time, Images, Text, Navigation, Conversion and Accessibility. The result page gives you following information :
- Rating : Out 6 your website will be rated by GoMo. Higher rating means better site. GoMo generates the mobile site on the basis of its structure and design.
- Loading Time : The loading is important. GoMo test the site loading time and if exceeds 5 seconds then it is not good for your website.
- Images : GoMo checks that all images are well loaded. You can see a small red cross mark. This means that the part needs to be optimized more.
- Text : GoMo Check and gives you information on text visibility. If the text is too small or cannot be seen without zooming then you can see a visible small cross icon.
- Navigation : GoMo checks your site navigation links. It is another important thing. Because a site with poor navigation can annoy users.
- Conversion : Conversion find out details related to your site shopping cart.
- Accessibility : Here GoMo checks that the accessibility options like Search box is easily viewable or not.
Once you check your Test Result click on VIEW FULL REPORT. GoMo will provide you a pdf file with all information added to optimize your site best for mobile platform. There is additional stuff in a pdf file which will be very helpful for you in future. Once you are done with that click on BUILD YOUR SITE.