If you are playing Max Payne 3, then in this game too you will find some collectibles that will unlock some achievement. Here in Max Payne 3, the collectibles are in form of parts for Golden Gun, Clues and tourists. They are spread all over the game in various chapters.
If you collect all the Clues then you will unlock the achievement by name ‘An echo of the Past’. This achievement will give 35 gamescore points to person playing this game on Xbox 360 and a bronze trophy to the person playing this game on Playstation 3. The second type of the collectible in Max Payne 3 is the parts for Golden Gun. They will be very well hidden and thus you might need to search thoroughly to find them. Collecting all the parts of Golden Gun will unlock achievement name ‘A License to Kill’. This will give 40 gamescore points to the person playing this game on Xbox 360 and a Silver trophy to the person playing this game on Playstation 3. Also after collecting all the parts of the Golden Gun, every gun equipped by the player will have a golden body. Also it will increase damage of all weapons by 10% and increase the amount of ammunition it can carry. The last type of collectible that can be found in Max Payne 3 is the Tourist. They are less in number and also easy to find. Finding all the Tourists in this game will unlock achievement by name ‘You Sure Know How To Pick A Place’. This achievement will give 10 gamescore points to person playing this game on Xbox 360 and a bronze trophy to the person playing on Playstation 3.
I am writing this guide to reveal the locations of all the collectibles in Max Payne 3. This guide is divided into chapters as found in game.
In the first chapter of Max Payne 3, you will find 3 parts for the Golden Gun and 2 Clues.
- The first part for the Golden Gun will be found just after finishing the tutorial for using bullet time and diving. After finishing the tutorial, you will come out of the door where you will need to kill the first enemy. There is a window after you go beyond the dead enemy in front of which on the ground you will find the part for the Golden Gun.
- After the scene where Max Payne slides down from the roof to rescue the hostage, you will reach in the office area. There will be a circular desk from where you need to go straight. There you will come across two pillars and you will be facing the plants along a window. If you look towards the right corner, you will see another part for the Golden Gun.
- In the parking garage where you press the green button, then if you look into the corner opposite to the ramp, where on the ground it will be marked ‘BO1’, you will find the part for the Golden Gun.
- The first Clue that you will find in the First Chapter of Max Payne 3 is a celebrity magazine. You will find this Clue in the room where you kill the first group of enemies. It will be lying on the coffee table.
- The parking garage where you find the third part for the Golden Gun, you will find the second clue on the ramp which you will use to go in the next level of the garage. The Clue is a dropped photograph.
In the second chapter of Max Payne 3, you will find 6 part for the Golden Gun, 5 Clues and 1 Tourist.
- The first part for the Golden Gun in the second chapter is found in the room where you kill the first group of enemies. IT will be seen lying behind the DJ booth on the ground.
- After proceeding from the room where you find the first part for the Golden Gun, you will see a door shut using a chain. An alternative route which includes stairs will take you to a dance floor. Here too you will need to kill enemies. In this room you will find a bar table of a curved form. Behind this table, on the floor, you will find the second part for the Golden Gun.
- The third part for the Golden Gun will be found in the discotheque with colorful lights and neon filled walls. This is the room you will enter after you tell Raul to stay inside the helicopter. Kill the enemies in this room and find the bar table here. When facing the bar, you will find a door towards the left end of the large bar table. This door will lead to the DJ booth. Here behind the DJ Booth, you will find the part for the Golden Gun.
- In this chapter, you will find yourself in the sushi restaurant at one level. Here in the sushi restaurant, go towards the seats in the back part of the restaurant; there on the ledge between two seat you will find a part for the Golden Gun
- You will once be in a level where you have to use sniper to kill the enemies on the helipad. After you kill the enemies, you will see a circular glass room. Enter the room from the door and on the left side, you will see a part for the Golden Gun lying besides the couch.
- The last part for the Golden Gun in this chapter will be found behind the large sign on the roof of the building on the metallic ramp behind it.
- The first clue in this chapter of Max Payne 3 is found in the same room where you reach after you find a door shut using the chain. After you climb the stairs to reach the upper floor, you will find a private bar area. Here you will find a dead body of the football player lying between the couch and the coffee table. You will need to examine this body.
- In the same room where you find the dead body of the football star, just opposite to the couch, you will find a large curved bar table, on one end of the table you will find a pamphlet with Moderno written on it. This is the second clue in this chapter.
- After the scene where Max Payne tells Raul to remain in the helicopter, you will enter a discotheque with bright colorful lights and neon lit walls. Once you clear the area and proceed to next area, you will find a door with neon handle. Besides this door, you will find a broken mirror. Below this mirror is a platform with wash basin on whose end you will find a torn fabric. This torn fabric is a clue.
- In the kitchen area, you will find a newspaper below a small music system. This is also a clue you need to examine in this chapter.
- When you kill the enemies on the roof and return down again, you will find a necklace lying on the stairs. This also is a clue.
- The one and only Tourist you need to find in the second chapter of Max Payne 3 is in the toilet area of the discotheque you enter after asking Raul to remain in the helicopter. The room where you find wash basin where you find the torn fabric as a clue will have series of doors to the left. These doors have handles which are lit using neon. Open the door with green neon light and you will find a tourist.
In the chapter 3 of Max Payne 3, you will find 6 part for the Golden Gun and 4 Clues.
- The first part for the Golden Gun can be found in the TV studio besides the room where you see Raul torturing a man on the chair. You will easily find the part for the Golden Gun as you enter the room.
- The second part for the Golden Gun can be found in the sporting goods shop. It can be picked from the shelf above which there is big mural of the football team.
- When you enter the football field, you will need to kill an enemy with the sniper. Just where the enemy with sniper was standing initially, you will find stairs that will take you down towards the field. At the bottom of these stairs, you will find the third part for the Golden Gun.
- After fighting the enemies on the football field, you will enter a room filled with trophies which will have many seats. Check the seats and you will find a part for the Golden Gun on one of these seats.
- In this football stadium, you will find a memorial laid for the dead football player you find dead in the chapter 2. Once you exit this room, you will again reach a seating area. Fight some enemies here and you will reach a stairs which lead you upwards. Avoid these stairs and go behind the wall besides the stars. Here you will reach a dead end and this is where you will find a part for the Golden Gun.
- After this you will again reach at the bottom of the stairs where enemies will be shooting at you from above. Fight them and reach at the top. Here you will need to kill a sniper and run towards the extreme end of the seating. There you will find the last part for the Golden Gun in this chapter.
- The first clue in this chapter will be found only at the beginning of the chapter. When you come out of the doctor’s room, keep a look on the right side of the area. You will find an accessible glass door. Enter it and you will find a photograph of Victor shaking hands with another person. Examine the picture.
- The second clue in this chapter is the blood stains on the double door. This double door is present at the bottom of small ramp in the same room where you need to press the first green button.
- The third clue is also a bloodstain. This will be found in the hallway that leads you to the stadium. The bloodstains can be found on the pillar along the hallway on the wall to the right side.
- In this chapter, you will once reach a room where memorial for the dead football player will be laid. You need to examine the memorial.