MySQL is one of the most popular open source database tools. This tool is widely used by hosting providers for managing your website database. You can find that easily in your cpanel. MySQL offers you a very easy to use interface to create a database and assign a user to it. Another widely used online SQL tool is phpmyadmin. The best part to use phpmyadmin is customizing creation of each SQL table. Somehow in phpmyadmin a novice can easily backup and restore data. While in Cpanel you get option to restore your entire database back in the public folder. But remember that there are process involved in backup and restore. Do not go for overwriting your files and keep on adding directories of backup which can consume your web space. Here I had listed of the best methods that can be used to backup and restore your Sql database. The entire article is usually based on backing up database of a website. Because you will need the data at anytime. Like if you discontinued your site then you can have a backup for future reference, or for security measure. In my views it is very important that you should keep an incremental backup of your database. The easiest option where no technical interference involved is to go with dedicated support by the hosting providers. Sometime they offer you the service for free under the scheme you purchased or sometime you need to pay additional. And if you do not want to spend more or want a satisfying way of your data backup then you can try reading below to get in detail information about backing up your database with manual and automatic process. Your database is the core of your site. If it is lost then your entire site will be down. Because of day to day rising threats it has become necessary to do this.
There are certain which forces to keep in mind that your database should be backup at a particular time period and kept securely. Some of them important reasons are, like when you are working in development part of your site, you do constant changes. Some wrong changes can bring your entire site down. A backup of database with themes and other file can help you to restore the site as it is. Another reason is that if your site is hacked and the hacker has deleted your database, you can get back some help from the backup. It takes times to make a database but it looses instantly within second due to various issue. To safeguard that backup is a good practice. This guide mainly details with backup solutions for MySQL. But there are other references which are helpful for all. The backup is not just for keeping a copy of your database somewhere else, but it also helps you to common error of database. There are common issues of system crash or any kind of hardware failure. MySQL comes with many features in which backup is vital strategy. It offers a number of methods that you can choose as per your need. I had listed some of the methods below which can be done from MySQL itself.
What are the types of Backup Methods involved in MySQL
MySQL has a number of backup methods. These methods can be used as per your choice and needs. Anyhow to understand each of them is important. Or else you can miss some important feature of MySQL. I had listed the methods with a short description and the basic method involved.
- Logical Backup: Logical backup consist of backup of logical database structure. Can be done while sever is running.
- Physical Backup: It consists of copy of entire database and files. This is simply the copy of your data folder. Can be done only in offline mode.
- Online Backup: Online backup of MySQL database. Can be done while sever is running.
- Offline Backup: Easy backup procedure to create a copy of database. Can be done only in offline mode.
- Local Backup: Backup is performed from the host machine where the data is stored or MySQL server runs.
- Remote Backup: Backup is performed from distant client via remote access to the host machine where data is stored or MySQL server runs.
- Full Backup: It consists of copy of entire data of MySQL server. It can be done at a frequent period of time.
- Incremental Backup: This is done to update the changes made in the database only. Whenever the database is alter this type of backup updates the alter part.
Above is just a short overview of types of backup involved. You can perform a backup as per your need. To initiate a backup it is necessary to create a backup and recovery strategy. A backup and recovery strategy consists of steps to be taken at the time of any failure. It includes all those points which can be responsible for site down. So you must first decide the best strategy for your server and then choose the right backup method. The same method can be implemented on multiple servers also.