Thread: How to install Snow Leopard on Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H

How to install Snow Leopard on Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H

Here is a short guide which can help you to install Snow Leopard on Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H motherboard. Many hacks are now available to run Mac operating system on regular system. But there are still lots of limitation. It is just for fantasy you can use mac os on your regular desktop. Currently Apple does not provide any proper release that can be configured on assembled system and we also know that Mac systems are not cheaper. So better with the help of some mods we can surely use this for our satisfaction. Go through the post below before doing any changes. If you have any kind of important data in your system, keep a backup. Second thing before doing the setup you must begin with collecting all necessary updates and patches. I am here just showing the way to use it no downloads are provided. That you have to search on your own as there are many website which provides you this updates for free.

Another important thing before beginning. You are going to install Apple operating system on an Non Apple hardware. There are certain legal laws which are intended to stop piracy. So do not go for any of hacks if that is illegal. This is an testing purpose tutorial for those who really like to test the performance of Apple operating system on non apple systems. So be sure whatever you do, you are doing on your risk. Some of the system might fail to function in case of wrong setup or improper configuration. Before beginning I will recommend you to keep a usb mouse and keyboard ready. A regular sata drive and dvi connection is enough. Read and keep important point mark of this post. Blind setup can provide non functional system.

Before beginning I will recommend you to test your ram for errors. Because there are some issue with the setup if there is any problem in the ram. There is an tool called Memtest which can diagnose your ram for error. Many setups fails due to this and users do not find the reason behind the same. Faulty ram can be a big reason behind non working of this operating system. So better run this tool. The tool is free to download. Download and burn the files on a disc. Remember it is an bootable disc. You can also find the same tool on UBCD. A clear test is necessary. I had attached Chameleon loader to the last post. Download this. This loader has 2GB ram issue fixed. So this will give you an great help while booting from Snow Leopard.

For installing I will recommend you to go with Vanilla. This works easily with some kind of fix and relatively few kext files. Other issues can be found as you keep moving and using the tool. For novice there is an warning, that do the same on your own risk. You are going to perform some major modification on your system which can kill your board. Before beginning the setup, I am going to provide you most common problems and its resolutions. Just like an checklist keep an eye on the same. So that you do not collapse after settings, for non working stff. First issue it the 2GB ram limit. I do not know much about the fix, but it is found that current setup will not work if the ram exceeds 2GB. So that is the place where care should be taken. Second the sleep mode is the place where things do not work properly. System will not wake from sleep on this. So avoid such settings. And better check for more bugs and report here, so more improvements can be done.

Re: How to install Snow Leopard on Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H

Installation Steps :

Before beginning I had attached some files to the end of post. There is folder package which consist of this files have 3 different packages which are very important. You have to create a boot disc to begin the installation of Snow Leopard. For that you have to download the iso file which is provided in the folder attached below. There are more files needed. I had mentioned names of 4 files. Copy them on a usb drive and keep ready for the further process. Other files which you will need are :
    • OSX Univeral installer
    • dsmos.kext
    • SMBIOSenabler.kext and
    • AppleHDA.kext.

Once done with that you have to flash your bios. Bios flashing is very risky job. There is an patched bios provided by Koalala which you have to search and run it. Flash the bios with this and move to below steps.
    Once you are done with BIOS update and your system is not dead then just make an simple settings. Go to your bios and select load optimized defaults. There are some settings you have to enable from bios. Enable Onboard IDE controller, NV SATA controller & usb mouse. Enable AHCI mode for On-chip SATA mode. Save the settings and then boot from the boot cd. Once your system boot, you have to remove the disc and then provide the Snow Leopard Retail DVD(9f). Follow those regular screen instructions like your language and other stuff. Now it is time to optimize partition for Mac system. Run Disk utility. You can find the disk in the menu listed. You have to choose GUID Partition option for your disc. This is an very important step. So be sure and slow to do this. The default partitioning format that is identified by Mac operating system is Mac OSX Extended journaled. Format the partition and then begin the installation.

Once partition steps are ok and there is no issue, exit the disk utility and move further. Again insert the boot disk on reboot and choose id 80/81/82 to get the proper disc. When the operating system is properly booted you can go with the screen procedure for new account. Now I had mentioned some files above before beginning the installation. You will need those files. Keep that usb ready. First you have to run UInstaller. You can run that by double clicking on it. The setup will begin. Now select your hard disk and choose Install PC_EFI V9 Chameleon. Once you are done with the same you will also have to choose the option Install Custom Kexts. Give the location of kext file located in the usb disc. Choose all the files. Just ensure that you had selected Apply kext package, thats all. Do not choose any other option. Click on install and once everything goes fine exit the installer.

An important step now you have to perform here is to fix the disk permission. This can be done itself from Application > utilities. Look for an option Repair Disk permission and run it. Restart your system and remove the disc. You can run nForceLan package to make your lan work. If not then lte it be. There are many fixes and mods that you can try here after proper reboot. Some bugs cannot be resolved but still there are many updates and patches that can help you. For every kind of update there are different patches which can be found on internet. Modders do not provide any kind of official update, so it is entirely your choice to run the updates.

Re: How to install Snow Leopard on Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H

I tried some steps on the above, the system worked. But really when you try to run Mac based operating system on non apple hardware, it is very annoying. There are many bugs that I found and really no worth to discuss. You cannot fix them all and make it perfect. I hope that in coming time, Apple will too provide retail operating system which can be compatible with every type of hardware. That is why people find Windows to use much better. Anyhow there are not less number of hacks for both.