| || |
Join Date: May 2008
How to Install Mac OS X on Custom Based PC
You must remember that MacOS X can only be installed on compatible hardware. Now Mac OS can be installed on computer with a stone that supports at least SSE2 (preferably SSE3). This can be AMD or Intel. You do not need usb-mouse and keyboard. Most are more or less modern graphics cards may include hardware acceleration (namely, Quartz Extreme, Quartz 2d, Core Image, GL). Now you can see that from your company is nothing special is not required. Requirements :
- The patched DVD image
- The zipped file containing the patch
- External hard drive or USB stick formatted to FAT32
What to do before installing Mac operating system
- Chip PC motherboard and Intel
- Intel Pentium 4 HT, Centrino, Celeron D
- AMD64 only works with AMD Core AMD Venice and a few others as Seprom.
- Video Card: ATI, nVidia, or Intel 82915G Express Chipset Familiy (which brings the motherboard).
- DVD Burner (+1 DVD + RR-RW [4.7GB])
- Second Hard Drive 40 GB, IDE, SATA or External USB or 6 to 10GB in an extra partition.
How to Install Mac OS X
- Burn Image to DVD single layer DVD-R with software such as Nero.
- Format the USB drive and the drive and name it Patcher without the quotes. Note that it should be Patcher only and nothing else for the patch to work earlier.
- Extract the zip file and put its contents into the USB drive.
- Now your USB drive should contain a folder.
- Now that you have the DVD with you patch, you can now install Leopard. To begin, put your patched DVD in your drive and boot your PC by pressing F12 at the BIOS prompt.
- Boot the DVD and the installer should now load. This may take some time, be patient.
- Select your language and select Customize / Customize, this is where you must turn off all the packages / package are displayed.
- Leopard will now install. This may take some time, feel free to have a coffee while waiting.
- You will be asked to reboot. Before restarting, make sure the USB is connected to the PC.
- First download Bootable ISO image file of Mac OS for your pc. Burn the same in a dvd. Insert disc and reboot your system.
- Once boot selection menu appears of Mac wait for a while and then press F5. Now you can see a new CD-ROM icon in boot menu. With the mouse click on the CD icon amd hit Enter. Wait for some while, later on you will see the graphical user interface for installation.
- First set the language. Click the arrow at bottom right. Wait until menu appears. Through menu Utilities click on Disk Utility and then click on repartition hard disk. Do that with GUID partition scheme. Grant sub-volume name for disk information, otherwise you will later Without Title 1. The format change anything, should be based on Mac OS Extended Journaled. Click Apply. Wait for some time till partitioning process is finished.
- Now press Windows key + Q quit the Disk Utility. Click on Continue. You can see the assigned as a volume to install Mac OS. Under Customize, you can modify the setup.
- If you want to finish the setup early then turn off everything that is not needed like printer, fonts, languages, Rosetta, etc.
- After that click on Install and wait until setup process is completed. Depending on selected options it will consume around 15 to 25 minutes. This is followed by a restart.
- At the end you can see the message that the installation was successful.
- Reboot and boot from the disc. You can see the Boot CD Disk logo appears with the previously selected volume name in the boot menu. Click on the beta. You can see that at the left down below a minus sign. Set the starting parameters:-v arch = x86 one. Then press Enter.
- Now Mac operating system will starts. After starting Chameleon boot loader install.
- Now that you have installed Leopard, you must apply the hotfix / patch.
- Wait for the Darwin Bootloader to load. Once it has finished, press F8. You should see a prompt (command prompt). Type-s and press Enter. Then it should load without problems, because you have already installed Leopard.
- Once the configuration is loaded, select your language. Then you should now see the welcome screen. Then go to Utilities - Terminal.
- Once the terminal running, you now need to browse your memory stick, follow the steps below, typing in exactly what appears below in the Terminal. Command line, type the following as they appear here: cd .. cd .. CD .. CD .. cd Volumes cd Patcher cd files Warning: Note the space between cd and the 2 points.
- Now it's time to run the patcher to make sure Leopard will work on your PC. Type the following command in Terminal.. / 9a581PostPatch.sh
- The patch should now work. You answer Yes / Yes removing ACPUPowerManagement.kext
- With this script, you should be able to boot Mac after reboot.