Thread: How to install and use Cydia on iphone

How to install and use Cydia on iphone

Good evening with all,

This evening, for the beginners, and new the jailbreaks, I go you explain how this to be used as Cydia easily, and especially to include/understand how it functions.

1. Initially open Cydia, the opening will take good ten seconds time that it charges all that it has need, let do it (Like Ci below):

2. Once finished starting normally, if it is your first use you will arrive on something like that: (I am on the Manage page on the screenshot, but you will be you on the Home page)

3. Then choose “To use (Graphical Only)”, then normally you will have small a red in a bubble, click on Changes like Ci below:

4. Then click on “Upgrade (1)” in top on the right so that it Upgrade what there is in “Available Upgrades”, in my case it acts Cydia Installer, in yours it will act can be of other thing.
    Once, you click arrive on this page:

5. Click on “Confirm” in top on the right, you will arrive on that: (Let do it, it will make the installation of your Upgrade)

6. Click on the bar blue in bottom, in my case it is written “Closed Cydia”, in yours it could be writing either the same thing, or “Restart Springboard”, or another thing.

7. I am now going to you explain how to add a source, in your case, if it is about your first use, I advise you to add the source “http://cydia.hackulo.us/.

With this intention, go in “Manages” (As below):

Re: How to install and use Cydia on iphone

8. Then click on Sources, you will have then sources already to install, and the possibility of adding some. The sources already existing are to index in “Installed by Packages”, the others which you will add will be to index in “Entered by User” (Like below):

9. To add a source click on “Edict” in top on the right: (As below)

10. Then click on “Add”. (Always as below) You will obtain this:

11. You then will return the source which I quoted higher: http://cydia.hackulo.us/. Once returned, click on “Add Sources”

Here is your source returned, we now will install MiPatch. On the same page to click on the source that you have just entered, you will obtain this:

12. Then click on MiPatch Firmware 2.2.1 (MiPatch is used to read the applications in .ipa), you arrive on this page:

13. In my case in top on the right he is written “Modify”, in yours he will be written “Install”, click above and to proceed like presently for the installation.

Now I go you show how you to serve as the function “Search”, first of all go on the page “Search” (As below):

14. Then for example to type cock for biteSMS, it will leave you all the applications which contain the name Bite: (As below):

It any more but does not remain you to choose that which is appropriate to you while clicking above and to install it same manner as the preceding times.

Here its done, have fun, it does not remain you more which of your iphone has to make what you want.

I clearly hope to have been in this Tutorials, and if you have question, do not hesitate especially.

You can Jailbreak your iphone 3G even if its on a contract just make sure that when your it on a software like Pwnage make sure you unselect “Activate iPhone” before continuing the process. it is illegal and it does violate your warranty jailbreaking. you can always restore it to factory settings if something goes wrong or if you simply change your mind later on.

If you want to install the latest cydia application on your iPhone so you can check here I have listed some of the best cydia application.

tan123 Guest

Hi
    I think Cydia is a replacement packaging and repository manager for the original Installer.app for the iPhone or iPod touch. It was created by Jay Freeman to replace BSD Subsystem and Installer.app.

Thanks !!!!

I don't get it. Step one is "Initially open Cydia"...but I'm trying to install it, so why would I already have it to open?

I just jailbroke my phone. I'm not familiar with iPhone AT ALL but the jailbreak was successful. But I don't see where Cydia is. I want to install it. So I come here. But step one is "initially open it". That kind of makes it sound like it's already installed. So confused...

With what application you have jailbroken the iPhone as there are lots of tools available for same like PwnageTool, redsn0w, blackra1n, limera1n, Spirit Jailbreak, greenpois0n, etc. After jailbreak of the iPhone you will find loader icon on your device. Just open the same and you will find the Cydia application there. Run the same to install. Thats it!!!!!

It turned out my phone wasn't jailbroken at all. I went through the exact same process a 2nd time, and the 2nd time it actually worked. No clue what went wrong the first time. So then I got Cydia installed.

But of course, this phone has no service plan, and I have no wifi, so Cydia is absolutely useless. You can't get internet over USB without SSH being installed. Why oh why did the jailbreak gods not include SSH with Cydia? Not everyone has internet on their phone. I'm only using it as an mp3 player and only wanted to jailbreak it out of spite against Apple

Haha, found an old wifi access point in my storage closet. This is MUUUUCH better now!!