A host of enhancements introduced will make the licensing mechanism more simplified, faster and better. It is more user friendly, gives a better user experience, troubleshoot connectivity issues with possible solutions and complete the reactivation process just by providing the required Site/Account Administrator's ID and password.
The following enhancements are introduced:
1. Better User Experience
- Single menu option for License Activation and Reactivation
- Additional fields for multi-site activation available at the click of a button
- Reactivate without Unlock Key - Just provide the Account/Site Administrator's ID and password, Tally.ERP 9 works in permanent mode immediately after reactivation
- On detecting that the administrator is attached to more than a site or an account, the resolution screen appears and helps in solving the site reactivation.
- On attempting to activate the surrendered license or reactivate an un-activated serial number the user is redirected to the reactivation form or to the activation form respectively.
- Connectivity issues: The system automatically detects any problems on the network during license Activation and Reactivation and provides you with the possible resolutions.
- Client in Educational Mode: While attempting to establish a connection with the license server, the system detects and lists the problems along with the possible solutions and actions.
- Simple and easy to use
- Flexibility to configure settings based on Single User / Multi-User / Multi-Site
- Brings in the concept of Account for better management & administration of Licenses
- Activation / Reactivation is possible with Account ID and Password
- Central Management of multiple License running at different sites in a secured environment.
A new concept known as Site Licensing is introduced from Tally.ERP 9. A site refers to a single instance of Tally.ERP 9 installed and activated. The site licensing is broadly classified into two categories namely Single Site and Multi-Site
Single Site: A single instance of Tally.ERP 9 Silver or Tally.ERP 9 Gold license running
Multi Site: More than one instance of Tally.ERP 9 Silver or Tally.ERP 9 Gold license is running at different locations under the single Account comprising of same or different serial numbers.