How to Root Micromax Andro A60 Android Phone
All android phones can be rooted. What does rooting mean? Rooting means gaining full access rights on the android device which is otherwise not possible. As an android users, you have limited rights on your device and you cannot take full advantage of your android phones capability. Rooting process gives you the super user permissions which is otherwise impossible. Super User rights means administrator rights. As android is based on linux kernel, su command is used to give you root permissions on your phone which is similar on linux.
To know why you should root your android device click here.
Rooting isn't a long process as it used to be when android had just entered. In this process we will not use the adb shell or any other complex programming, but will make use of an application.
What you need :
- An Android Phone to Root - I am using Micromax Andro A60
- Universal AndRoot 1.6.2 beta 5 Application for Android
- A computer if you will download the file on your computer
- And thats it..!
Download AndRoot 1.6.2 beta 5 from here.
Connect your Android Phone to the computer using the USB data cable provided with the phone.
- Open the notifications on your android phone. This can be done by dragging down the top indicator bar down.
- There it will show USB cable connected, click to mount USB Mass Storage Device.
- Click on it and then a new dialog box will appear. Click on Mount on that window, this will mount the USB storage on the computer.
- Now you can use the SD card as a USB storage device on the computer.
- Now copy the downloaded application file to your memory card.
- Again on the phone open notifications and click on the same notification which says USB cable connected.
- Now click on the Turn Off button to safely remove the USB mass storage.
- Now open any file browser on your Android phone and explore the memory card to navigate the file you have copied.
- Open it and the Android Application Installer will start and install Universal AndRoot.
- Click on yes on all prompts during installation.
- It will also install Super-User Application which will manage system permissions on your android device.
- Once it is done, reboot your android device.