Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Root Micromax Andro A60 Android Phone

How to Root Micromax Andro A60 Android Phone

All android phones can be rooted. What does rooting mean? Rooting means gaining full access rights on the android device which is otherwise not possible. As an android users, you have limited rights on your device and you cannot take full advantage of your android phones capability. Rooting process gives you the super user permissions which is otherwise impossible. Super User rights means administrator rights. As android is based on linux kernel, su command is used to give you root permissions on your phone which is similar on linux.

To know why you should root your android device click here.

Rooting isn't a long process as it used to be when android had just entered. In this process we will not use the adb shell or any other complex programming, but will make use of an application.

What you need :
    • An Android Phone to Root - I am using Micromax Andro A60
    • Universal AndRoot 1.6.2 beta 5 Application for Android
    • A computer if you will download the file on your computer
    • And thats it..!

Download AndRoot 1.6.2 beta 5 from here.

Connect your Android Phone to the computer using the USB data cable provided with the phone.

• Open the notifications on your android phone. This can be done by dragging down the top indicator bar down.
    • There it will show USB cable connected, click to mount USB Mass Storage Device.
    • Click on it and then a new dialog box will appear. Click on Mount on that window, this will mount the USB storage on the computer.
    • Now you can use the SD card as a USB storage device on the computer.
    • Now copy the downloaded application file to your memory card.
    • Again on the phone open notifications and click on the same notification which says USB cable connected.
    • Now click on the Turn Off button to safely remove the USB mass storage.
    • Now open any file browser on your Android phone and explore the memory card to navigate the file you have copied.
    • Open it and the Android Application Installer will start and install Universal AndRoot.
    • Click on yes on all prompts during installation.
    • It will also install Super-User Application which will manage system permissions on your android device.
    • Once it is done, reboot your android device.

Re: How to Root Micromax Andro A60 Android Phone

Nice guide. Well as far as i knew it was not possible to root this micromax android device nor does it supports update. Well if you have rooted the device, you might like to come up with a process of upgrading. Be it an unofficial way

hi rudra, quite impressed with your topic, but it'll be better if you post a video on youtube showing us how to. And please do it with a60 only, cause that will make it viral, as there are many a60 users in india but zero video showing rooting...

It seems Rudra is not online since long time, i can't see his latest posts. Anyways, i tried to find out videos related to rooting Andro A60 but no success. Hope any expert can make his own video for the same and upload on youtube or anywhere else.

brother i am also using the same phone micromax andro a60 i used your application i downloaded it and installed it and then i rooted my phone after it gotted root in my menu a icon appeared from the name of superuser permission. what is it does that shows that my phone is rooted now. and can u pls tell which is the besat for our phone

Quote Originally Posted by maney View Post
    brother i am also using the same phone micromax andro a60 i used your application i downloaded it and installed it and then i rooted my phone after it gotted root in my menu a icon appeared from the name of superuser permission. what is it does that shows that my phone is rooted now. and can u pls tell which is the besat for our phone
    What do you mean by "besat for our phone"?? I cant understand what excatly are you asking? Can you please try to specify your issues in proper details? Well, if you have rooted the phone then you can easily try to boost its performance, tether over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth and many more things, with full rights.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

smile Re: How to Root Micromax Andro A60 Android Phone

I would really appreciate if u cud pls upload a video on youtube

I found some simple steps that can help you out for the rooting the phone. For that you will need Universal Androot App. This app provides you one click process to root your Android phones. You can use this root explorer in your device to root your phone with other working os. There is an root explorer in the phone which can also help you to manage other rooting process.

unsure Re: How to Root Micromax Andro A60 Android Phone

Ehmmm i was jst thinking is ther any disadvantages of rooting your mobile
    and pls can anyone list me its advantages and disadvantages

Quote Originally Posted by shows View Post
    Ehmmm i was jst thinking is ther any disadvantages of rooting your mobile
    and pls can anyone list me its advantages and disadvantages
    Mobile Rooting is a kind of Unlocking or so. It is a device hack that allows you unrestricted access to the entire file system of their mobile devices. You can see it here also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickapoo View Post
    There are many of the carriers where they lock the handset to deject customers as of taking their handset as well as moving to an additional carrier. Carriers as well depend on "exclusivity" accord to support users to change to their plans therefore they can exercise a exacting handset for example Apple's iPhone with the AT&T network. To utilize the handset on an additional carrier's network it would be essential to "unlock" your handset. This is completed through a code founded on the IMEI of the handset which can be given by the carrier otherwise firms on internet which are somewhat more reliable.

is it possible to upgrade micromax a60 to 2.2??? and how can i view arabic text messages in andro a60 it shows boxes

How i can veiw arabic text massages in andro a60 in my inbox and also in browsers?? Pls help

Quote Originally Posted by shows View Post
    is it possible to upgrade micromax a60 to 2.2??? and how can i view arabic text messages in andro a60 it shows boxes

How i can veiw arabic text massages in andro a60 in my inbox and also in browsers?? Pls help
    Well, the micromax andro a60 mobile phone cannot be upgraded to 2.2 android operating system, which is mentioned in its manual and told by the company itself. And if the phone is from dubai or some arab countries then it is possible to change the language to arabic, other than that there is nothing you can do on this phone.

cant install google earth on a60

I cant install google earth on my a60 does it not support at all.?.. when i try to install its says app not install.. is anyone using google earth on a60????

Hello i dont know about it more but still go through the following link and see if its helpful for you or not. i am sure that this [will clear your some doubt. if you want some more information then post back here.
    http://earth.google.com/support/bin/...&answer=174898

Hi.. i rooted my a60 also installed "link2sd" now i can install as many apps as i want.. but what if i want to restore my phone to factory settings and clean up everything.. so should i need to uninstall all the apps which are linked to sd card and unroot my device first?? or can i directly go into the settings and restore the factory settings will that automatically unroot my device? Which step is better? Pls help....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast