Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Call of Duty Black Ops Crashes, Freezes, Errors, and Fixes

Guides & Tutorials

Old 25-11-2010

After going through lots of issue in Call Of Duty Black Ops i have finally come up with the some of tricks to resolve the issue related to Call of Duty Black Ops Crashes, Freezes, Errors. Here i am giving you some general solution which might help you to play the game fluently.

First of all check whether you are satisfying the System Requirement to play the Call Of Duty Black Ops. Install the latest Graphic and Sound Driver for your device. For latest driver trust on Manufacturer site. Very important this is to set your desktop to a resolution of 1024?768 and 32 bit True Color. This is different for all the Windows Operating system.

To know about your resolution setting go with the below instruction.

Windows XP
  • Right Click on desktop empty area
  • Select Properties from Context Menu
  • Go to Settings tab.
  • Select screen area to 1024?768.
  • Set the colors to Highest (32 bit).
  • Click Apply
  • Click on OK

Windows Vista\7
  • Right Click on desktop empty screen
  • Select Personalize from Context menu
  • Click on Display Settings
  • Select resolution to 1024X768
  • Set the colors to Highest (32 bit).
  • Click Apply
  • Click on OK

Some more trick to run the game without any issue.

Close All Background Application

Some time background application are causing the issue with the gameplay and it is advisable to close all background application before starting the game. To close Back ground process go with this:
  • Click on Start
  • Click on Run
  • Type "msconfig" and hit enter
  • Go to Startup Tab
  • Click on "Disable all button"
  • Click on Apply
  • Now go to Service Tab
  • Check "Hide All Microsoft Services”
  • Click on "Disable All Button"
  • Click on OK
  • Click on Restart Button

Fix For Sound Acceleration in Windows XP

If you are running Windows XP and getting any kind of sound issue the i will suggest you to go with the Sound Acceleration fix given here,
  • Click the Start button
  • Select Settings
  • Click on Control Panel.
  • Open Sounds and Audio Devices
  • Click the Volume tab.
  • Go to Speaker Setting
  • Click On Advance button
  • Click On Performance tab.
  • Slide Hardware acceleration to Basic
  • Click on Apply
  • Click on OK

Force Disc installation.

If your game is not giving the proper response on the Steam then there might be some of the issue with the installation of the Call Of Duty Black Ops which can be resolved with the help of the uninstallation and reinstallation of the Call Of Duty Black Ops. But installation must be followed by this method:
  • Start the steam
  • Go to "My Game" tab
  • Right Click on Call Of Duty Black Ops
  • Click on "Delete local content"
  • Insert Disk 1 into your DVD drive
  • Exit from Steam
  • Now Click on Start
  • Click on Run
  • Type "c:\program files\steam\steam.exe -install E:" (Without Quote, E: is your DVD drive)
  • Click on OK button
  • Insert Disk 2 if prompted for it
  • Allow Steam to connect to Internet and download update

Deleting Temp directory

Windows temporary directory contain information about all the file which some time clashes with the other program in the Windows operating system which might be conflicting with the Call Of Duty Black Ops and decreasing the performance for same. It is better to delete the Temp Directory. Just go with the instruction to perform the same.

For Windows XP

• Click on Start
  • Click on Program
  • Go to Accessories
  • Click on System Tools
  • Select the "Disk Cleanup"
  • Select drive(C: ) to clean
  • Click on Clean up button.

For Windows Vista/7
  • Click on Start
  • Click On All Programs
  • Go to Accessories
  • Click on System Tools
  • Select Disk Cleanup.
  • Select drive(C: ) to clean
  • Click on Clean up button.

Note:
For more help regarding issue related to Call Of Duty Black Ops visit this: Call Of Duty Black Ops Troubleshooting Guide

Old 03-12-2010

Re: Call of Duty Black Ops Crashes, Freezes, Errors, and Fixes

Here i am again with the some useful trick to reduce the lag issue which you are getting with the Call of Duty Black Ops. All you have to do is to get into the Config file and make some changes. But instead of this short Description i think it is better to give you the complete step by step process to resolve the issue will be better.

This is an optimal setting of the games in order to have less lag, it is relatively easy.

First get into the games folder i.e. "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\players" (In My case) and now look for the Config_MP.cfg file. Now for getting any hard it is better to copy the file into the some same place so that if any problem occur then restore the original cfg file.

Now Open the config_mp.cfg file with any editor i.e. Notepad, Wordpad etc. Now find the below given entries and update the value as given
  • seta cl_maxpackets "100"
  • seta com_maxfps "125"
  • seta rate "25000"
  • seta snaps "30"
  • seta sv_maxrate "25000"
  • seta r_vsync "0"

Just follow this tips and see whether it is helping you out to solve the lagging problem in Call Of Duty Black Ops or not. For more help refer to below link:

How to Fix Multiplayer Lag in Call of Duty Black Ops
Old 06-12-2010

I have seen that most of the user of the Call Of Duty Black Ops are getting the error related to the DirectX and not getting any solution for same. I am here again with the solution for this problem which might resolve the issue related the same. So if you can go through the same and see whether it is working for you or not.

Error: "DirectX unrecoverable error Encountered on. Check the readme for possible solutions."

If you are getting the error with the same then i will advise you to go with the below suggestion which will help you to get rid of this issue.
  • Download the latest driver for DirectX
  • Install the DirectX to the system
  • Upgrade the Video Driver
  • Set the game's compatibility mode to Windows XP SP3

EXE_CANNOT_FIND_ZONE

Another error which mostly user of the Call Of Duty Black Ops are getting is nothing but the "EXE_CANNOT_FIND_ZONE " which is not yet resolved. I have got some solution for this issue also which you can go through below and see whether it is helpful for you or not.
  • Start the Steam
  • Right Click on Black Ops in Steam Library
  • Click on Properties
  • Go to Local Files
  • Now click "Verify the Integrity of Game Cache

If this is also not working with the issue of your then i will advise you to delete the Call of Duty Black Ops.nfc file from the steam folder and then restart the game. Another solution for same is that you should install the game once again.
Old 08-12-2010

I am having one more solution related to the Call Of Duty Black Ops Freeze which is very frustrating problem with the same. I have got this solution and tried myself that is why recommend you to use the same. If you can then go through the same and see whether it is working for you or not. You need to play with the Config file as suggested in previous reply. Just open config_mp.cfg and find these value and make changes accordingly.

Quote:
seta r_multiGpu 1 -> 0
seta r_multithreaded_device 0 -> 1

I have gone with the lots of Internet Search and finally comeup with this trick which worked for me and i am expecting that this will work for you also. So if you can then go through the same and see whether this is working for you or not.

TechArena Community > ARENA > Guides & Tutorials
Tags: , , , ,