Thread: How to Install Huawei data card

How to Install Huawei data card

You might first need the drivers :

Huawei USB DATA Card Drivers

Installation Setup :

Uninstall all the dashboards on your PC without inserting the data card. Open the Windows Driver for(3.09.00.00) and double click DriverUninstall.exe

Open the Windows Task manager, and you can find a process DriverUninstall.exe. Waiting for 1-2 minutes, this process will disappear. That means we have uninstalled the former driver.

Install the driver manually without inserting the data card. Find DriverSetup.exe in the Windows Driver for(3.09.00.00). Double click it, then open the device management and you can see a processes “DriverSetup.exe”. Just 1-2 minutes, this process will disappear. That means the installation have finished.

Insert Data card, at underside of right corner will have this icon on the system for new hardware found.

After refreshing it, it will change into a usb icon. During the processes, a prompt of dashboard installation will appear, choose “cancel”, don’t install the dashboard. Open device management; choose “view”-‘Devices by connection’. The device management will like the picture below. It means the driver has been installed successfully

Re: How to Install Huawei data card

I was too looking for the appropriate driver for the data card. One of my friend is using the same and from last some days he is not getting appropriate speed. So I advice to re-install it. The issue was pending due to setup process and drivers. I tried to install the same via device manager. Like right clicking on the same and then update drivers, but that does not gave a much help on Windows. After trying your solution it worked and now the card is working well. I will not say the speed is improved great but it better that what I was getting before.