It takes just a few minutes to set up the R Connect Card on your laptop. Follow these simple steps to install the software, set up the dialer and start surfing the Internet.
Step 1: Installation of Software
- Insert the CD into your CD-ROM drive and install the 'Watcher' software. The installation wizard will guide you through this quick and easy installation process
- Insert the R Connect Card into the PCMCIA slot of your Laptop after the 'Watcher' installation is complete
IMPORTANT: Do not insert the R Connect Card before installing the software
Step 2: Activation of Card
After completing the installation, a dialer will appear on the screen
- Insert the headset into the headset jack on the R Connect Card
- Activate the R Connect Card by dialing *228 on the dial-pad
- Listen to the instructions after dialing *228. In case you do not hear any message, try again
- The card will be programmed automatically
Step 3: Creation of dialer
- Go to "My Network Places", Click on "View network connections", followed by "Create a new connection"
- In the opening screen click on 'Next', and select "Connect to the network at my work place" and click 'Next'. Select "Dial-up connection" and click on 'Next'
- Select "Sierra Wireless AirCard555 Modem". De-select all others and click on 'Next'
- Type in any Company name (This connection will be saved under this name) and click on 'Next'. Type in #777 as the Phone number and click on 'Next'
- After you have finished creating the new connection, a dial-up screen will be launched. Please enter the User name and Password as follows:
- If your card phone number starts with '3', then your User nameand Password will be phone number preceded by the STD Code (without the '0').
- E.g. If your card phone number is 022 38301010, then your User name and Password is 2238301010.
- If your card phone number is a 10-digit number starting with '93', then your User name and Password will be the 10-digit phone number.
- E.g. If your card phone number is 9322201010, then your User name and Password is 9322201010.
- Ensure that the number appearing in the 'Phone' field is always #777
- Save these settings
- Click on 'Dial' to establish the data session. Go to the Browser and start surfing