Game Pad :
Choose here SSSPSXPad 1.6.0, and then click Configure to assign your keyboard keys or buttons on your gamepad. You arrive at this image. The first controller / the second controller . The other plugin can be selected here PadwinKeyb v.0.9. The second controller field is totally independent, so you can configure both plugins from PadwinKeyb Pad v0.9 by selecting the first page of the second controller in the Configuration.
Now hit Configure to start configuring your first and second controller. It is self-explanatory, I hope, then you can click on each button and decide which button to assign. The button you chose appear in the second field below the button you pressed. Press PAD1/PAD2 to configure the first or the second controller. When everything is configured press OK to save the changes. In version 0.7 has added support for the analog stick (L3/R3 keys), this was not mentioned anywhere.
The analog movements but cannot be configured and you can only use the default keys:
- To move the left analog: Press and HOLD the left button and move the mouse left as if the analog controller
- To move the right analog: Press and should be pushed the right button and move the mouse like its analog controller. Please note these keys are for both players and then the analog will move simultaneously (same moves for both players)
- Then use the left mouse button to L3 and the right mouse button to R3
- To emulate the Dualshock 2 press the left mouse button while moving the mouse in a circle. You can try playing with this method to games like Ace Combat 5 or Euro Rally Champion.
- Check / uncheck Enable Logging to enable / disable pad. used only by programmers
- Please note there is a problem with the PAD plugin and the use of pads. It is recommended not only not to use pad, But also to break away from the PC to allow you to configure your keyboard properly.
Tab Cdvdrom 2 choices available:
- Either you play games with your PS2 original, in this case it selects the plugin PEOp.S. CDVD
- You click on setup and adjusted the 2 following options:
- Operating System – Windows XP
- Either you can have an ISO of your game (and I will not deny that this is much faster for loading times) and in this case it selects ISO Linuzapps CDVD
- Here you can select which plugin will be responsible for reading CDs / DVDs or images (ISO). By default, PCSX2 includes Linuzappz ISO CDVD CDVDnull v0.5 and v0.6.
- CDVDbin Select Configure and press to enter the configuration screen plugin.
- Here click on Choose a CD / DVD or iso image bin to select the image you want the emulator is part. If you want this you can start the image using File > Open > RUN while CD > EXECUTE. EXECUTE makes you 'see the start of the bios (like in your ps2), while file-open => RUN-RUN CD will skip the introduction of the bios to go directly to the game.
- Check / Uncheck Debug messages to enable / disable debug messages (can be used only by developers).
- Select / Deselect "Force detection failure on Audio CD" to enable / disable a special attachment (not for 99% of the time).
- Click Close to close the configuration window by saving the changes.
Select Linuzappz CDVD Iso v0.5 and press configure :
This plugin contains extra skill compression of your images saved on your disk to save space and the latter to start the emulator. Click Select to select the ISO image of the game you want to start / compress. Once you select the image you can close the configuration window to turn it in the same way CDVDbin Compress Iso, or press to compress the image. If the image is already compressed and can only select to decompress Decompress Iso. Under Compression Method you can select. Z - compress faster that allows you to compress your image faster but require more space, orBZ - compress better that compresses the image more slowly, but creating it smaller.
Under options you can check / uncheck Enable Block Dump = block.dump. When you enable this option creates a block dump in the root folder of PCSX (this is after pcsx2.exe) of the game you want to start. It 's a small iso file, used mainly for debugging. This stores the fields to be read during the execution of the game to start, after which you can load the file (using select ISO plugin Linuzappz CDVD Iso) and start the game without the image / cd / dvd. Beware if the game tries to load areas are not in the file, the emulator will stop without answering.
Press OK to save changes
CDVDnull v0.6 is a plugin such as Vacuum SPU2null, produces absolutely nothing. You must use this plugin if you want to start demo (via File => Open ELF file) or if you just want to start the BIOS (Run => Execute-RUN). This plugin has a configuration dialog for obvious reasons.
Outside the plugin by default there are 2 other plugins CDVD download and use with PCSX2 0.8. These 2 plugins are different from the others because instead of reading the image of the game, have the ability to read the game directly from the CD / DVD. Of course, reading the image is faster but this way you can quickly test the efficiency of your game. These 2 plugins are PEOPS CDVD v1.2 plugin created by Pete and CDVDraft v0.64 created by Xeven. For information on how to configure these plugins, you can inspect the documents included in the description of the plugin options.
Dev9: This plugin permeated the emulation of a HDD (hard disk drive). Only Dev9null v0.3 is included in the package you downloaded and anyone wishing to use v0.1 Dev9linuz must compile it yourself by downloading the source files from the Home Site PCSX2.net. Attention Dev9linuz plugin is far from it’s complete and can be used only by developers. There is no plugin Dev9 operating or under development.
Dev9null Empty plugin v0.3 is another just like everyone else.
This plugin instead emulates the USB (Universal Serial Bus). The only plugin package is included in the USB Null v0.4 and anyone who wants to try using USB v0.4 Linuz plugin if you have to compile it 'by downloading the source files directly from the Home Site PCSX2.net. Please note: the USB plug Linuz is far from complete and may be used only by developers. USB Null v0.4 is another blank and press Configure plugin you can only select / deselect Enable Logging to enable / disable usb logging. Suitable only for developers.
This plugin allows you to emulate the Firewire port of the PS2. The only plugin FWnull v0.4 is included in the package you downloaded. For those who want to try FWlinuz v0.1 plugin should compile it if 'downloading the source files from the Home Site PCSX2.net. The plugin FWlinuz is far from realization. It is used only by staff members. There are no other Firewire plugins working or under development. FWnull v0.4 plugin is another vacuum, but you can configure by pressing select if you want to enable / disable log firewire. Used only by staff members.
BIOS (Basic Input Output System): In this pop-up menu you can find your BIOS image, if you have one and you have placed in the folder selected by the BIOS. Please note the only legal way to get the BIOS to recover it from the Playstation 2 OWN .. Do not ask where to get the BIOS PCSX2 forum since it is prohibited by the rules. This happens because the ps2 BIOS is copyrighted material from Sony and has been for 'contributing to the lawlessness. This could create problems if NGemu was discovered that people illegally obtain this file. Refer to this section of the FAQ to find out if your BIOS is valid or not.
Attention: After v0.7 is recommended to have a BIOS newer than the SCPH-10000.bin. It 'still possible to boot the bios or the game even without these files but this may cause incompatibilities. These files are rom1.bin, rom2.bin, erom.bin and SCPH-XXXXX.nvm file where XXXXX is the version of your BIOS (e.g. SCPH-34004.nvm). This last file can only be created from PCSX2 after you configure the BIOS (set the time, language, etc.) but it is best if you restore these files from your Playstation 2. Once again, DO NOT ASK where to get these files, as they too are part of the BIOS.
- Bottom right, select the BIOS you want (PAL or NTSC)
- Quit the configuration menu by clicking OK. Now to the CPU settings:
- If you own a dual core (or more)
- Menu > Config > CPU
- Here we check all options and is limited to 60 FPS img / sec.
- Finally, the last parameter to do: go to Config > Speed Hacks
- And select Disable Forced ABS + EE / IOP
Starting a game
It'll just start a game, To do this, click on File -> Read CD / DVDs. Choose your. Iso and the game will run on its own. Well, I hope I was clear enough. Know that if a game encounter glitches, you must be patient and try other settings (I mean the change plugins videos, options to change CPU, Speed Hacks for check or remove etc .)
Last thing: if a game bounces on the screen, remember to use the F5 key several times. This button changes the mode of interlacing video plugins that I asked you not to touch. There are 7 modes by interlacing video plugin.
Well, it looks very cool my all this I look forward to reading your tutorial on this emulator because when there's necessarily DBZ I must test but take your time worry is not fire I pity that nothing on my record for 360 if I would have done a very good DBZ burst limit with which visually but a good slap in the eyes.
From the Internal HLE versions 0.7 in the bios was removed because he was very used to start the demo but not many people were interested in playing with the demo. For maximum compatibility it is recommended that you use a BIOS image which is different from SCPH10000.BIN old. This is because with this BIOS there are problems with the emulation of the memory card and other areas.
Pcsx2 on Ubuntu
This emulator allows you to play original games on the Play Station2 Ubuntu. PCSX2 requires bios Play Station 2. This bios can be downloaded legally from your PS2 and insert it in the ~ / pcsx2/bin/bios. For more information on how to do this refer to any of the links listed in Additional Resources . Only the OGL plugin graphic works on GNU / Linux. PCSX2 requires very powerful computers for playing games in 3D. Disable Compiz is recommended to have a satisfying gaming experience.
Install the necessary dependencies
Before you proceed to build the emulator from svn , you need to install some dependencies. Install the following packages:
- XF86VidMode-dev x11proto-
Building from source code
Use the following commands to create the pcsx2 folder and download the source code to compile:
cd ~ /;
svn co https: / / pcsx2.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pcsx2 pcsx2
After the download, make sure you have permission to do the compiling and terminal inserengo the following commands:
chmod + x build.sh;
sh build.sh all
Create startup script: By default the compiler creates the executable in the emulator folder ~ / pcsx2/bin, changing this folder will also change the following code to use the terminal in an appropriate manner:
echo \ # \! '/ bin / bash'> play.sh; echo 'cd ~ / pcsx2/bin'>> play.sh; \
echo 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH ="./" ./pcsx2'>> play.sh;
chmod + x play.sh
To start the emulator pcsx2 should be created in a pitcher who has command. / Play.sh, or run the same command from the terminal. The first time you run the emulator, you will be asked to proceed with the configuration.
To update the emulator repeat step 1 and 2 of the installation.
PCSX2-All-in-One is the most complete to date collection of the emulator for the PS2. This allows you to run all the parts and play so many games. This is especially useful to those who really wants to play in either game and the money to buy a console there. The biggest negative is his fastidiousness. Emulator, perfectly tuned for a certain game on a particular computer, cannot work on another computer. Usually the problem is solved by replacing those components emulator and fine tuning.
So, I set out to collect as many modules emulator in order to create a set that allows you to play anything (from the compatibility list) on any hardware.