Step by step procedure to remove Avmirror.com hijacker
Avmirror.com is a rogue website that promotes the fake security program called Antivir Solution Pro. It restricts the browsing scope and affects the web-surfing destination. It hijacks your browser and displays scary program of high severity scale. It changes your browser settings and affects HOSTS file in such a manner that you will no longer be able to visit any other site except Avmirror.com. It is so because Antivir Solution Pro modifies your system registry entries. It enters into your computer via Trojans and stays inside your computer for a longer period.
It also produces a bogus Internet Warning asking for your actions to remove the infection from your computer. If you perform any activity then you are redirected to the Avmirror.com where you are supposed to purchase their product to remove the malware. You could not rescue from them until you purchase their program.
However if you are one of those who has already visited this website and are fiddling around for a solution to remove it from your computer then just follow the below steps.
1. Delete "%Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Local Settings\Application Data\[random string]\[random string].exe" file.
2. Delete the below registry entries:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\PhishingFilter “Enabled” = “0“
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download “RunInvalidSignatures” =”1″
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “ProxyOverride” = ““
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “ProxyServer” = “http=127.0.0.1:5643″
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “ProxyEnable” = “1“
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations “LowRiskFileTypes” = “.exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments “SaveZoneInformation” = “1″
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “[random string]“
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “[random string]“
Re: Step by step procedure to remove Avmirror.com hijacker
If you are not sure about what you are doing, then it is recommended to take the back of your Windows Registry. The above steps to remove Avmirror.com program should be done at your own risk.
How to Backup Windows Registry
1. Click Start, click Run, type "%SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe", and then click OK.
2. On the "Welcome to System Restore" page, click "Create a restore point", and then click Next .
3. On the "Create a Restore Point page", type a name for the restore point and then click Create
4. After the restore point has been created, click Close.
How to Restore Windows Registry
1. Click Start, click Run, type "%SystemRoot%\System32\Restore\Rstrui.exe", and then click OK.
2. On the "Welcome to System Restore" page, click "Restore my computer to an earlier time (if it is not already selected)", and then click Next .
3. On the "Select a Restore Point" page, click the system checkpoint. In the "On this list select the restore point area", click an entry that is named "Guided Help (Registry Backup)," and then click Next. If a System Restore message appears that lists configuration changes that System Restore will make, click OK.
4. On the "Confirm Restore Point Selection" page, click Next. System Restore restores the previous Windows XP configuration and then restarts the computer.
5. Log on to the computer. When the "System Restore confirmation" page appears, click OK.
|Tags: antivir solution pro, avmirror, avmirrorcom, browser hijacker, hijacker, removal procedure, security program|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "Step by step procedure to remove Avmirror.com hijacker"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How to remove ANTIGLARE - Step by step||Shikamaru Nara||Tips & Tweaks||1||31-03-2011 10:25 AM|
|A step by step Procedure to use system restore||Zeppelin||Operating Systems||3||31-01-2011 07:08 PM|
|Step by step procedure to remove Antivirfox.com hijacker||EricTheRed||Guides & Tutorials||1||05-08-2010 10:05 AM|
|Step by step guide to remove Antispymega.com hijacker||TechyGuy||Guides & Tutorials||1||03-08-2010 01:42 PM|
|Step by Step procedure to Jailbreak Apple iPad||Head-Hunter||Guides & Tutorials||1||26-07-2010 05:03 PM|