How to remove Av-fox.com hijacker
Av-fox.com is a fake website which promotes a bogus security program in order to earn money. This program is named as Antivir Solution Pro. Antivir Solution Pro enters into the target computer via Trojans. Some browser hijackers claim that your computer has been infected with spyware. You are then asked to download or click some links to complete the scan procedure. They, then, changes system settings such as Windows Registry and LAN settings. Antivir Solution Pro is at the top of the list in this rogue activities. In their next step, in order to see the scan results and get more information, you are are asked to click on a link which redirects you to Av-fox.com. Once reached the desired place, you may be asked to purchase their license copy to get additional benefits of the product. This completes their money making scheme. Therefore, to remove this fake program and all of its traces from your computer, just go through this guide.
Re: How to remove Av-fox.com hijacker
If you are not sure about what you are doing, then it is recommended to take the back of your Windows Registry. The below steps to remove av-fox.com program should be done at your own risk.
How to Backup Windows Registry
1. Click Start, click Run, type "%SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe", and then click OK.
2. On the "Welcome to System Restore" page, click "Create a restore point", and then click Next .
3. On the "Create a Restore Point page", type a name for the restore point and then click Create
4. After the restore point has been created, click Close.
How to Restore Windows Registry
1. Click Start, click Run, type "%SystemRoot%\System32\Restore\Rstrui.exe", and then click OK.
2. On the "Welcome to System Restore" page, click "Restore my computer to an earlier time (if it is not already selected)", and then click Next .
3. On the "Select a Restore Point" page, click the system checkpoint. In the "On this list select the restore point area", click an entry that is named "Guided Help (Registry Backup)," and then click Next. If a System Restore message appears that lists configuration changes that System Restore will make, click OK.
4. On the "Confirm Restore Point Selection" page, click Next. System Restore restores the previous Windows XP configuration and then restarts the computer.
5. Log on to the computer. When the "System Restore confirmation" page appears, click OK.
Re: How to remove Av-fox.com hijacker
Manually Remove Av-fox.com
First of all delete %Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Local Settings\Application Data\[random string]\[random string].exe file. Then open Windows Registry and look for all the below entries, right click on it and select Delete.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\PhishingFilter “Enabled” = “0″
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download “RunInvalidSignatures” =”1″
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “ProxyOverride” = ““
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “ProxyServer” = “http=127.0.0.1:5555″
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “ProxyEnable” = “1″
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations “LowRiskFileTypes” = “.exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments “SaveZoneInformation” = “1″
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “[random string]“
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “[random string]“
|Tags: antivir solution pro, av fox, browser hijacker, hijacker, remove hijacker, security program, trojan, virus|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "How to remove Av-fox.com hijacker"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How to remove Hijacker||devilish||Guides & Tutorials||10||06-10-2011 01:07 AM|