Thread: How to properly remove VMware fusion

How to properly remove VMware fusion

In VMware Fusion you can use your favorite Windows programs and peripherals and Intel-based problem on any Mac. Through the uncompromising Mac-orientation is VMware Fusion is the easiest way to switch to the Mac. You can take all your Windows applications and thus draw the most from your investment in Windows software. At the same time take advantage of perfect security in change. It breaks down the barriers between Windows and Mac.

VMware, known for its products dedicated to virtualization, has released a beta of Fusion 3.1. The menu will feature many improvements in several areas, just to better compete with its main competitor on Mac OS X: Parallels. The development of VMware Fusion 3.1 is nearly complete. The publisher offers to download a Release Candidate of its virtualization solution. Compared to the beta that was put online in March , this version [ 3.1RC - form - Mac OS X 10.5 - VF] is presented as being more responsive. Virtual machines out of sleep faster disk access and have been improved.

The process of creating virtual machine has been largely automated, allowing you to choose the mode of creation: one that mirrors the records office, documents, pictures, music. The second leaves the virtual machine in complete isolation to enable or disable the sharing Mac. Obviously, Fusion adds support for Windows Seven, but especially the support mode Aero. The recovery engine is optimized Parallels and management scores Boot Camp. Accelerated Graphics now supports Direct X9 and Open GL 2.1, which will allow support for newer games. Fusion 3 wins the physical recovery of PC hardware, through the network by installing a little software on the PC. Now the keyboard support is complete, with one hand, the Mac keyboard shortcuts such as command Z, S command and so forth, but also the complete mapping of the keyboard with the proper positioning of the buttons or indent: no need install Boot Camp drivers.

Copy and paste is possible within applications, without returning to the office. The Dock icon provides access to a part in the library of virtual machines, but also PC applications. In addition to generally making the startup and sleep faster, the awakening of a machine can now be interrupted. Note also the possibility, even when a machine is paused, mount the hard drive as a disk image on the Mac. The Overview modes, full screen and Unity have been optimized. Full screen mode barrier to a command bar that allows access to various settings. A keyboard shortcut and an animation of state change as the finishing touch.

Unity mode has become very fluid and less consumer. Presentation is of course supported, but it's the Dock Expose feature which makes its appearance, the Dock icons for PC applications now following the same behavior as the Mac. Thus, when a window has focus PC is the title of the application it appears that member in the menu bar, and not the menu VMware Fusion. Suddenly, the TAB command shows each PC application as independent as many icons that you can exit by typing Q. It is possible to customize the launcher and to integrate and selected applications.

Re: How to properly remove VMware fusion

Removal Instructions :

How to Complete uninstall of VMware Server on Windows :

During the installation of VMware Server 1.0.5 on a Windows 2000 is a disk crashed and caused so rubbish on the IDE bus, the installation was aborted on the task manager, as no progress was observed more. Once the hardware defect was corrected, I wanted to make up the installation. However, I got to see the following message:

VMware Server Standalone - Setup has detected that VMware standalone server is already installed on this machine.

First Solution :

To remove an existing VMware Server installation in full accordance with the following command :

• The installation was then no longer possible. What I've tried everything. Again one again failed
    • Uninstalling on software was not possible, no entry
    • A uninstall.exe or something like it was not in the VMware directory
    • Delete all directories that are related to VMware and then manually clean the registry had no success
    • Uninstalling the VMware hardware such as network cards has brought nothing
    • vmware-install-file.exe /C command fix the installation issue.

After several hours of searching I found this :

A simple vmware-installationsfile.exe causes a force removal of the files once you delete that file then the removal was without problems.

Incase if you want that back :

• VMware Server installation file to C: \ copy
    • Date in vmware.exe rename
    • Click Start, then Run and type cmd, and then press enter
    • The MS-DOS will opens. Here, the following command:
    • C: \ vmware.exe / c
    • Give next question with Yes to confirm and complete.

Second Method ( Ubuntu ) :

After a hard drive problem I was having the damaged Windows VMware Server does not install properly. A new installation is stopped . Here is a way to remove this completely from Linux machine. To uninstall VMware Player, first close all virtual machines that may be running. Then open a terminal and run the VMware-install with administrative rights.

Now you know the name of the product to uninstall. For this, type the following command:

• ~ $ Sudo vmware-install-l. Hit enter.
    • Locate the name of the product installed, then in a terminal, type: ~ $ sudo vmware-install vmware-workstation-u
    • uninstall vmware-workstation. You can also run the install file. Bundle It will detect that VMware is already installed and will proceed to uninstall it by typing: sudo VMware-Player-xxx-xxxxxx.i386.bundle

Other Choices :

Removing VMware from Ubuntu. I had settled one way to uninstall it but it seems does not work with this version of VMware. Searching the root folder of a file was found sh [vmware-uninstall-downgrade], and the same gave me no result, but helped me to get form of uninstall the program. Open a terminal and write this first:

• cd / usr/lib/vmware-installer/1.1 /
    • and then:
    • sudo. / vmware-installer - uninstall vmware-workstation-product

After that they will see a graphical uninstaller, give click next, wait a while to uninstall everything and then click finish.

Re: How to properly remove VMware fusion

Third Solution

Uninstalling VMware 4 and installing VMware 5 on Windows Vista
    If you installed a VMware version 4 for a long time ago, used it occasionally for testing of software under various operating systems, up to the launch of Windows Vista is no problem you probably did not exist. But then came Vista and wanted very much to upgrade. But here it was. Version 5 requires uninstalling version 4. And when uninstalling version 4 is required to some temporary directory where you unpack exeshnik with VMWare4 during its installation, lay the file vmware workstation.msi. But since the installation was a long time, the pace cleaned, it is likely to have an inability to automatically remove VMware 4.

Removing VMware 4

1. First, copy the path where the uninstaller is looking for the file specified. It could be something like type C: \ DOCUME ~ 1 \ ADMINI ~ 1 \ LOCALS ~ 1 \ Temp \ _is4C8 \, or something simpler.
    2. Then start the installer from VMWare4 exe file (e.g., VMware-workstation-4.5.2-8848.exe) with a key / a. Window installer on the second or third screen, which will need to specify a reduced way.
    3. Return installer will simply unpacked. This is an option that was invented for installation on the network. We also give it the required MSI file in the correct directory and a couple of folders, which can later be removed.
    4. Restarting the uninstaller with almost 100% probability of encounters on the message type error applying transforms .
    5. To find out what's missing uninstaller at this time we are going to regedit, run a search string "VMware" and skip all occurrences of the string in the registered types, classes, and other systemic ins and outs.
    6. If you are interested in the path type then you can use HKEY_Classes_ROOT / Installer / Products / id here / Transforms. Most likely there will be a line of type C: \ DOCUME ~ 1 \ ADMINI ~ a \ LOCALS ~ 1 \ Temp \ _is4C8 \ 1033.MST, which means that we need a file 1033.MST all in the same temporary directory. Let's go look for this file in the Internet (or on CD with Windows installer if you have one) and copy the file to the same temporary folder. Run the uninstaller, then everything is fine is removed.

Installing VMWARE 5

Now put VMware 5 standard way, there is put Windows Vista. Once installed, we will not have any network card or sound card. What to do: First, be sure to install VMware Tools (in active windsurfing). Then, if everything is successful, go to Device Manager and the conflict network card do Driver Update. Indicates that the driver should be found in C: \ Program Files \ VMware including subdirectories. The driver will be found and installed. Then there will be only set up internet connections and allow Vista to update the driver conflict sound card in the automatic mode search.

Fourth Solution :

Today I migrated some virtual machines on ESX 4, and at the same time update the Virtual Hardware for some guest operating systems. After that I started to have problems with VMware Tools. Having the following problems:
    To solve this problem, do the following:

• Open the Registry Editor Windows. Click Start> Run. Type regedit and press Enter.
    • Navigate to the branch HKLM \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ uninstall.

Next you need to find a branch there, which has a key with the name of DisplayName and the value of VMware Tools. I recommend to use the search, as the name of this branch is hard to swallow (see picture). You must remove the branch of the registry associated with this key. Be careful not to remove the entire branch uninstall.

• Navigate to HKLM \ Software \ Classes \ Installer \ Products. Find a branch with the name and value ProductName of VMware Tools. Remove the branch associated with this record.
    • Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ Installer \ Products. Look for a branch with the name and value ProductName of VMware Tools. Remove the branch associated with this record.
    • Navigate to HKLM \ Software \ VMware. Remove the branch with the name of VMware Tools.
    • Remove all subfolders in c: \ Program files \ Vmware \ VMware Tools

Fifth Solution :

Manually Cleaning Files

When you re-install VMware, after not properly remove the previous version. You must wipe out all the files which I had mentioned below.
    To Clean the registry :

• Remove everything related to VMware
    • Remove all VM services here HKLM \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services
    • For the faithful, and drive away RegCleaner MS Windows Install Clean Up

Deleting files manually to remove VM on the hard drive :

• System32 \ vmnat.exe
    • System32 \ vmnetbridge.exe
    • System32 \ vmnetdhcp.conf
    • System32 \ VMNetDHCP.exe
    • System32 \ vmnetdhcp.leases
    • System32 \ vmnetnat.conf
    • System32 \ vmxw2ksetup.dll
    • System32 \ vnetprobe.exe
    • System32 \ vnetprobelib.dll
    • System32 \ vnetinst.dll
    • System32 \ vnetlib.dll
    • System32 \ vnetlib.exe
    • System32 \ drivers \ vmnet.sys
    • System32 \ drivers \ vmnetx.sys
    • System32 \ drivers \ VMparport.sys
    • System32 \ drivers \ vmx86.sys
    • System32 \ drivers \ vmnetadapter.sys
    • System32 \ drivers \ vmnetbridge.sys
    • System32 \ drivers \ vmnetuserif.sys
    • System32 \ drivers \ hcmon.sys
    • System32 \ drivers \ vmusb.sys

Deleting the Directory:

• Documents and Settings \ All Users \ Application Data \ VMware \
    • Documents and Settings \ <username> \ Application Data \ VMware
    • Documents and Settings \ All Users \ Start Menu \ Programs \ VMware \

Delete User:

• __vmware_user__ local user and a group of users __vmware__

From devices removed network interfaces of VMware it is a bridge.
    • Even utility 1308_fVMware_Install_Cleaner.exe

But even after that you might get the same error message saying : Setup has detected that VMware Workstation is already installed on thus machine. Please uninstall this product through the Control Panel and try again. when trying to install VMware. This is a developers fault and you can do nothing more in that.

At this point click on My Computer > Manage > Services and then look for VMware services. The first here you have to do is right click on that and then disabled the same. Then try uninstallation.

Sixth Solution :

Delete the following directories with their contents, (after uninstalling), let me install VMware Server. You have to run these command mode is Root.

• rm / lib / modules / [kernel version] / vmware *-R
    • rm / etc / vmware-R

How to manually start or stop services VMware :

This one is last solution which I want to tell you about. This will help you to work on VMware if you do not want to completely remove the same.
    After installing Vmware, in contrast to the products Microsoft, such as Virtual PC 2007 or Virtual Server 2005, installs a computer services that are configured to start automatically when the computer starts. You cannot always use the virtual machine and do not want the service Vmware were running constantly and using system resources. These services can sometimes even slow down system boot time.

These are all services that are automatically run when you start Windows.
    • VMware Agent Service
    • VMware Authorization Service
    • VMware DHCP Service
    • VMware NAT Service
    • VMware Virtual Mount Manager Extended

The simplest way to solve will be to install these services to manual loading, so that they are not started during system startup. Perform the following steps:

• Click Start > Run and type services.msc
    • In the right pane, select each service from the list above, and select Properties.
    • Change the startup mode to Manual instead of Automatic.
    • Once all services VMware set to manual startup mode, a list of services looks
    • You can also automate these steps by running the following commands:
    • sc config VMAuthdService start = demand sc config VMnetDHCP start = demand sc config VMware NAT Service start = demand sc config vmount2 start = demand
    • You can create a text file with the commands above and save it as a batch file, for example Set_VMware_services.bat.

Further, instead of manually start and stop services each time you want to run VMware Workstation, create 2 batch files. One will be used to run all services when required, the second to stop.

Copy the following lines into a text file and save it :
    • sc start VMAuthdService
    • sc start VMnetDHCP
    • sc start "VMware NAT Service"
    • sc start vmount2
    • C: \ Program Files \ VMware \ VMware Workstation \ vmware.exe
    • By the way, you can use the NET START command instead of using the SC.
    • Note: Change the path to C: \ Program Files \ VMware \ VMware Workstation \ to C: \ Program Files \ VMware \ VMware Server \ if you use VMware Server.
    • When would you want to run VMware Workstation just run the file VMware_Workstation_Start.bat

Copy the following lines into a text file and save it:

• sc stop VMAuthdService
    • sc stop VMnetDHCP
    • sc stop "VMware NAT Service"
    • sc stop vmount2
    • When you want to end the use of VMware Workstation just run the file to stop services VMware_Workstation_Stop.bat VMware.

Conclusion:

Vmware virtualization products allow you to easily run any operating system to test or launch any application. This can be useful if you want to test the application before the industrial manual, check the service packs or hot fixes, or run legacy applications. Whatever the reason, VMware offers several applications for virtualization VMware Player.

A few days ago I tried to install VMware, but for some reason the installation completed successfully. In addition, it was impossible to uninstall, or install over it, as I said already installed. Looking around, I fixed it easily. Just boot the installer with the / c. After confirmation, will remove all traces of the previous installation, allowing us to completely reinstall the program. VMware Server and VMware Workstation. The first two products for free, the latter charge, but has a lot of opportunities.

Install the VMware Player, the best client I've used virtual machines to date, I used the Connectix several years ago, and then use the VirtualPC from Microsoft, and I stand by this. As he had installed on my Ubuntu with Automatix , you uninstall it and gave me problems to install VMware Server , I said that there was a previous installation, so I started looking, uninstall everything related to VMware and no nothing, and searching the web I found this solution.