The following guide would be useful for quick and easy setup of your Internet connection and basic LAN settings.
- Log in to Web UI
- Click Setup Wizard
The installation wizard starts:
- Click Next.
The installation wizard displays the wireless settings (wireless settings):
- Enter the settings for your wireless network. You must specify a radio channel and a common SSID to be used by the router and all wireless clients. Be sure to configure all clients on the same value. For security issues, change the default SSID immediately.
- Wireless Network Name (SSID) - The name of your wireless network. The SSID must be identical to that of the router and all wireless clients.
- Broadcast Wireless Network Name (Dissemination of the wireless network name) - Enable or disable SSID broadcast. If SSID broadcast is disabled, only the devices knowing the SSID can connect to the router.
- This cancels the discovery functions of the wireless network of certain products, like Windows XP.
- Wireless mode (wireless mode) - Select the method used by your wireless devices: only 11g (11g only), only 11b (11b only) or 11b / g mixed mode (11b / g mixed mode).
- Allowed Client Type (Type of client allowed) - The type of security is used by your wireless network.
- No WEP / WPA/WPA2 no - Disables all the functions of wireless security. By default, wireless security is disabled in order to facilitate the installation of your wireless network.
- Only WEP (WEP only) - If you choose this option, the wizard displays the WEP page , where you must specify your settings for WEP security. Once your wireless network is installed, USRobotics recommends using at least the old standard WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy).
- Only WPA/WPA2 (WPA/WPA2 only) - If you choose this option, the wizard displays the WPA page , where you must specify your WPA security settings. For maximum security of wireless, enable WPA.
- Wi-Fi Channel Number (number of channel Wi-Fi) - The radio channel that the router and its clients use to communicate. This channel must be the same for the router and wireless clients.
- Extend Range (Extending the scope) - Extends the range of the wireless router by dealing weaker signals via technology eXtended Range (XR) from Atheros. This option can extend the reach of wireless clients that also support the XR technology.