Thread: How to Change Gateway Laptop LCD LED taillight Bulb

How to Change Gateway Laptop LCD LED taillight Bulb

In a laptop PC, the backlight lamp is use as the lighting source for the LCD monitor. Many times, as the backligh lamp wear down, the laptop's display quality suffer, becoming too dim to interpret picture in a bright environment. Changing the backlight lamp in a Gateway MT6704 laptop will allow the LCD screen to display images with more brightness and clarity. The same assembly process may be applied to many of the Gateway models.

Things you’ll need:-

• Substitute LCD backlight

• Screwdriver

• Anti-static wrist strap

• Guitar pick

Instructions:-

1. Log off the laptop, unplug the power cord from its wall outlet, and remove the battery. Turn the laptop over to release the plastic outside over the battery assembly room. Raise the battery from its assembly room. Place the laptop on a flat, level surface.

2. Situate six screws around the display bezel (the plastic frame bordering the LCD panel), concealed by small rubber seals. Pry the seals loose with a sharp, flat-ended tool to expose the screws underneath. Undo all screws.

3. Separate the bezel from the LCD panel. With the screws off, place a flat realize, such as a guitar pick, together with the plastic frame and the LCD screen, and work with your fingers to free the bezel. With your fingers to loosen the bezel from all sides, and then gently remove it.

4. Discharge the LCD support bracket, at the down center of the LCD screen, in order to access the inverter board. Place screws on either side of the bracket, and unscrew to remove it. You can now access the inverter board glue to the bottom center of the screen. Lightly raise the component, putting just enough force to overcome the glue.

5. Remove from switch the cable attach at the right of the inverter. This is the power cable put together the backlight lamp to the inverter board.

6. Divide the LCD screen from the laptop's plastic shell. Use one hand to level the shell, and pull the screen away with the other. Locate it face down on the keyboard. With the backside of the screen facing you, place the video cable linking the LCD to the laptop's motherboard. Eliminate sticky tapes holding the cable in place, and disconnect it from the LCD screen.

7. Remove the screen from the laptop. Release the mounting brackets from the screen by unscrewing two of the screws on either side of the screen. Place the backlight lamp by follow the power cable hanging from the LCD screen. Get down the lamp and disconnect cables from other end of the lamp.

8. Connect the cables to proper ends on the new backlight lamp and mount it back on the LCD screen. Connect the mounting bracket to the screen and tight the screws on other side. Connect the video cable to the back of the LCD, and secure the cable with sticky tape.

9. Mount the screen with behind against the shell. Again connect the inverter board and connect the power cable. Again assemble the display assembly by attaching the inverter bracket and secure the LCD screen with the display bezel. Make sure you don’t have leftover pieces.

Re: How to Change Gateway Laptop LCD LED taillight Bulb

Hello some day before I was facing problem with this. I was not able to Change Gateway Laptop LCD LED taillight Bulb. I try to find out this on Google but not able to find any appropriate solution then I move into your thread and as per your instruction I make changes in my system settings. And I again try to change gateway. And this time I am successfully done with it. You have really a great knowledge about it. Thank you once again.