Thread: Make a backup of your CD/DVD navigation disc

Make a backup of your CD/DVD navigation disc

There is a lot of confusion among most of the people on how to make a backup of the CD/DVD navigation disc. I hope that this guide helps you for creating a correct backup for the discs. I can assure you that this is the simplest method available because I have used it and it has proved successful to me. So here we go....

There is a software called DvdReMake. Get the same from the internet and extract the files from the ZIP archive and run it. There is no installation required for this program or application. There is an executable file which can be used directly. You can also freely moving the file on your system. Now, lets go about it step-by-step:

• In the main menu, you will have to go to File and after that Import DVD.
    • After that, select the directory where the DVD has to be decrypted.
    • Next, you have to open the first file, lets say for example "VIDEO_TS" (IFO).
    • Now, sometime will be taken for importing all the whole DVD structure.

It can be noted that:
    1. The size of the DVD is 6031.2 MB.
    2. One has to note the Video Manager because it is a component that is used to that runs all DVDs. It is assumed that the computer is running Windows operating system.
    3. The last thing to be noted is the Video Title Sets (or VTS). There are many of them. The main movie or files are in this menu and thus, this is very important to be taken care of.

Now, you can simply have fun with the awesome capabilities of DvdReMake. First, double click on the large VTS and open it.
    For example,

There will be two menus in my DVD., say one in French and the other in English. As I chose to use the English menu, I would erase the French menu. Nothing simpler. Right click on "Menus fr" for options.

Here, select Delete menus and wait for a moment and it will diappear. You can repeat this in every VTS menus that contain other than time, thereby saving you a great place.

Whenever you choose an option from a menu, most DVDs are a "Transition Menu". This is the video between the two menus. Some people like to have transitions, but if not, you can delete them to save space. Right click on "Menus" and select "Hide Menu Transitions".

In this DVD, you will earn 60 MB of data. On some DVDs, you will earn hundreds of MB by disabling transitions.

Now look at the other content. Firstly I recommend you not to touch anything that is smaller than 4-5 MB, unless you have time to lose. In general, these are the warnings and this may be illegal to remove them.

In Video Manager, we will delete the contents later, after VTS 1 and VTS 2, which are very small. VTS 3 is therefore 54.58mb will check. Click it to open.

The screen is divided into three. On the left, the DVD structure. Top right are blocks of VTS. Here we have two blocks, one of 54.45mb and another of 0.06MB. Once again - do not bother with the small. Let's see what is in the block 54.45mb.

This is the trailer. If you want to remove. Right click on the chapter, in the upper right corner and choose Block Hide.
    The VTS is past 54.58mb at 0.14mb. Not bad in one click.

Now, if you have several chapters in this VTS, I recommend you check them all and disable them if needed. This is safer than using the option "Hide All Blocks" in the menu of the VTS.

Repeat this procedure on all the other VTS, VTS except the main. You can do this on the Video Manager. Please note that this procedure can be used for everything including the menus as you will see shortly.
    Now that we have completed the removal of content, see the size.

This completes the cleanup, that is the first main step. After that, doing the backup is very simple. But, this is the main step for what you are have completed with the first step.
    Just follow the steps that are given below:

Go to the File menu and select Save Project As.
    1. After the window for saving is opened, it is recommended to save the project in the same directory as the DVD.
    2. You can give any name as of your choice, for example: "My Movie".

I hope that this guide proves to be of help to all. All possible replies and comments on this topic as well as the queries are duly appreciated.

Re: Make a backup of your CD/DVD navigation disc

Hello,
    I was very tired of searching for the solutions for the backup of the CD/DVD navigation disc. The guide that is provided has proved to be a great help for me and I suggest other people to have a glance at it because it is very helpful.
    Dell C610 PIII 1Ghz
    Docking station
    DLink Radio
    Codi DC/DC adaptor