How to Connect Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 to Facebook
Facebook has become one of the most popular social networks. Now you can also think of the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, to contact friends and acquaintances on facebook. However, there are some limitations. This guide will show how the online service works on the console.
The Internet has changed many things: we used to email photos of friends and other things formerly, which today is easily done via the Internet with "Facebook". Since the last update, even the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 can be now connected with the huge social network.
What is Facebook?
Originally intended as a relief for American students, so that their fellow students online have in mind, Facebook quickly became a worldwide Internet service. Facebook speaks itself for having as of now 300 million users registered. The service is free and funded by advertising. The advantages are obvious: you can quickly write messages to other users, chat, post photos - so as to keep in touch with friends and acquaintances provided.
There is also a calendar that helps to plan around meeting or concert visits. Thanks to its speed and ease of use, Facebook is now one of the most popular online services. Once messages, videos or photos have been discontinued, the miners can look at them.
Anyone who logs on to Facebook gets a profile page where he can imagine and upload pictures or videos. Other Facebook users who know you and like you can invite you as friends with its option called "Invite Friends". Once you have given their consent, they appear as direct link with portrait photo on your home - and bring their respective circles of friends with them. So that you have access to everything. This creates a snowball process, a rapidly growing network of information (hopefully) for like-minded people.
Each user has a virtual whiteboard, on which he can leave messages. The link will be open to all friends. Please note: Due to the rapid and uncontrollable spread, it is very difficult to remove once disclosed information again.
Hazards on Facebook
1. Be careful with personal information. Companies gain information about candidates on Facebook.
2. About Facebook, it is also possible to spread viruses and malicious programs. Do not click on links that originate from any unfamiliar members. Ignore e-mails that ask for your credentials.
3. Facebook applications, like games, often cause costs. You also need to release a rule your profile. Thus, the provider receives from you and your friend's data, which he then uses for advertising purposes.
Re: How to Connect Xbox 360 to Facebook
Facebook on the Xbox 360
The Xbox 360 with the latest update, offers Facebook functions. With the service, you have to invite yourself to the console. First, you need a Facebook account if you do not have one. If you dont have one then register yourself via a PC / Comp. Follow the below steps:
1. Make sure to have an Internet connection to your Xbox 360. Then select "my community", then on the first tab click "Facebook". Please free to download whatever it requires, and run Facebook. Then select "Subscribe to my Facebook account", and type in your indicated E-mail address and password on Facebook.
2. Put a checkmark next to "My Xbox LIVE Show Info". Then your gamertag will be displayed. It's best to activate Autologin. So that you always log in automatically when you visit Facebook.
3. Then continue to have access to your Xbox 360 via Facebook, and now you can follow from the comfort of your couch, do whatever you want along with your friends.
Show Friends: Under the "Friends" option their are a list of your Facebook contacts. The other two tabs produce the link to Xbox Live, and that according to different sorting criteria: The first opens a page that shows who romps from your Facebook friends that are straight feeded into Xbox Live. The second gives information about which Xbox Live friends also have a Facebook account.
See Profiles: Here you can access the profiles - both on the Xbox Live as well as on that of Facebook. About Xbox Live profile, it is then possible, as usual, for example, invite a friend to a game.
Viewing Photos: The photo display is convenient and fast. If you wish, you can browse the images as a slideshow. Also you can easily look at complete photo albums in the same way.
Write: You can always write messages in your Xbox 360 via Facebook News Channel. That does not go quite as fast by the hand as with the PC keyboard, but pretty comfortable on your couch.
Keyboard View: Once you see the Facebook menu for the Xbox, press "update status". A keyboard will appear. On which you type the message letter by letter.
Text to write: Move the cursor using the gamepad to the desired letter, and confirm. By pressing the Start button on the gamepad, you can send the message. Already all of your friends can see what you just wrote then.
Friends on PC: The text to the second message immediately appears in the news channel on Facebook. Your friends can read them like any other Facebook news on the computer and then comment.
Re: How to Connect PlayStation 3 to Facebook
Facebook on the Playstation 3
Whoever wants to use Facebook with the PS3, must be content with an extremely stripped-down version. This is probably the reason why the Facebook connection is hidden in a submenu. Here's how:
1. Select the menu item called "Playstation Network" and in it the "Account Management".
2. In the last item you will find the option of having your Facebook account with the Playstation account to connect to. Choose the Facebook icon.
3. Select one of the next three menu items, and set it to On.
4. Now enter your Facebook-a bank account. If you want to activate the other two options as well, you do not even have to type in the account.
All you have three options:
Make available information on trophies: It appears all the trophies that you have cleared away in games, is displayed as a message on your Facebook page, each with a picture. This data will be sent without further demand.
Making information available purchase: When you turn on this option, you will be asked for every purchase and / or download if you want to pass the info on Facebook.
Game-event information, make available to others: With this option the information about your game events will be shown on Facebook. This works only with games that are programmed for that. What those are, or when they will be available is not yet known.
|Tags: facebook, guide, online service, playstation 3, social networks, xbox 360|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "How to Connect Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 to Facebook"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Want to buy Xbox 720 or Playstation 4||DANIEL 602||Video Games||4||01-03-2013 10:54 AM|
|Playstation 4 vs Xbox 720||Kurupath||Polls & Voting||4||18-07-2012 12:37 PM|
|Max Payne 3 (PC, PlayStation & Xbox 360)||Edmund||Reviews||1||04-06-2012 04:17 PM|
|Best way to use facebook chat : link| connect yahoo and facebook account :||REDBULL||Guides & Tutorials||2||23-08-2011 12:47 PM|
|Wet Game for Playstation 3 and XBOX 360||Reegan||Video Games||2||03-01-2009 10:27 PM|