Thread: BlackRa1n jailbreak Tricks

BlackRa1n jailbreak Tricks

Geohot just released his program jailbreak called, BlackRa1n! It can jailbreak on Windows on any device (except iPod Touch V3) in firmware 3.1 or even in firmware 3.1.2 !

Here is a tutorial explaining how to use BlackRa1nAnd it is not so easy ...

CAUTION: If your iPhone does not have an official subscription activated on iTunes and it is unlocked by Ultrasn0w to work on other networks do not use this tutorial. You should not update to 3.1.2 if you want to be able to unlock. If that’s your case, you will have to wait for the Dev Team to update PwnageTool.

Please read the entire tutorial before in order to know what you expect and generally able to ask questions before you make a mistake and it is too late.

To start you need:

• Your iPhone
    • A PC (XP / Vista)
    • The Iphone firmware 3.1 or 3.1.2
    Blackra1n Jailbreak

1. Download Blackra1n and place it in your directory "C: /".

2. Your iPhone must be switched off and connected via USB to your computer.

3. Open Blackra1n and click "make it ra1n".

4. Then turn on your iPhone and let the software run all by itself.

5. Once the transfer is done properly in recovery mode you will see a message (PIC), made by geohot, displayed on your iPhone!

At this stage a lot of iPhone 3G user (including me) failed to obtain this pic made by geohot, which means that the Switching to restore failed, so long as you have patience, geohot ensures a corrected version or an alternative solution quickly.

TIP: To exit DFU you must disconnect your iPhone from the computer and keep pressing Power + Home, at the same time until the apple appears.

6. For those whose manipulation has succeeded miraculously, you have a new icon on your iPhone, this is called "Blackra1n".

7. Start Blackra1n.

8. Choose what you want to install, Icy / Cydia / Rock, for those who are not familiar with Rock, I would not suggest it is a kind of cydia store but not terrible, however, I recommend you to install Cydia only.

Info: Do not install Cydia and Icy because there is a conflict between the two, Cydia Works perfectly on solo.

9. Test your application Cydia to see if it works, however in many cases bugs have also been listed!

You can remove Blackra1n if everything works by clicking on "Unistall Blackra1n". It will serve nothing more thereafter.

And so, you're on firmware 3.1 or 3.1.2 jailbroken via Windows!

Re: BlackRa1n jailbreak Tricks

Hey I tried to install this jailbreak on my iphone 2g and if I try to restore and then restart it then it hangs all the time? So i think that till this bug is corrected we will have to wait for Dev Team to update PwnageTool.
    Your every word defines my existence, world and self.