Thread: How to Resize video

How to Resize video

If you want to watch any Internet videos, then you've probably noticed that they are send (or upload time) quite long, even if you have a broadband connection. The dimensions of the video played on the Internet are limited, you can reduce the height and width of your videos and they will be less burdensome. In this way, you will go faster to send the videos and it will soon appear on the screens of your visitors.

The scaling dimensions of a video can also be useful to eliminate the distortion of the image of a video that would be stretched or elongated by example.

Finally, this technique can also be used to transfer videos on portable video on which it is usually necessary to reduce the resolution to fit the smaller screens.

The free software VirtualDub filter and Resize will allow you to easily resize your videos, or not respecting their ratio. Once resized the video, you will then need to unpack it, using the DivX codec for example.

Download and install VirtualDub

VirtualDub is a free video editor that you can download from PC Tricks.
    Appointment on file in the VirtualDub software.

Click the Download link free

Click the Save button. Choose a location on your hard disk where to put the downloaded file, eg My Documents and click once on Save.

Once the download is complete, click the Open button.

Then click the Extract all files.

The Extraction Wizard opens compressed files. Click the Next button.

Use the Browse button, select the folder where VirtualDub copy C: \ Program Files \ VirtualDub for instance, and click the Next button.

VirtualDub files are extracted. Click Finish when the operation finished.

The VirtualDub folder is displayed. We will now create a shortcut to the software on the desktop. Click for this with the right mouse button on the file VirtualDub (VirtualDub.exe if you view the file extensions) and click the Copy command.

Then click with right mouse button on a blank area of the desktop and select Paste Shortcut.

A shortcut to VirtualDub is created on the desktop. You can rename it by clicking and pressing F2.

Install DivX codecs

DivX codecs will be used to encode your movie, once the resizing done.
    Go to the form of DivX Play in the PC software tricks.

Click the Download link free.

Save the file.

Once the download is complete, click Run.

Confirm the launch of the software by clicking once on Run.

Make sure English is selected and then click OK.

The installation wizard DivX Play appears. Click the Next button.

Check the box I agree to the terms of the license and then double click the Next button.

Then click on the Install button.

Click the Next button and then click Close.

How to Resize Video

The filter for VirtualDub Resize allows you to resize your video, or not respecting its proportions.

Start VirtualDub.

Click on File then Open video file.

Select the video you want to resize and click the Open button.

Click on the Video menu and then click Filters.

Click the Add button.

Select the Resize filter and click OK.

In New size box, enter the new width and height of the video in pixels (fields Absolute (pixels)). Use the Relative (%) to enter the width and height as a percentage of original size.

By default, the aspect ratio is respected so as not to distort your video. If that is so distorted at the origin, you can disable the original ratio select Disabled from the Aspect ratio. You can then enter the height and width you want, without any relationship between the two.

Click the Show Preview button to see a preview of the future dimensions of your video.

Click OK.

Validate again OK.

On the left, your original video and right, the video resized.

Save and encode the video resized

It only remains for you to save your resized video in a format easily readable.
    Click the Audio menu and make sure Direct Stream Copy is selected.

Click on the Video menu and click Compression.

Select the codec DivX 6.8 Codec and click Configure.

Pull down the list of certification profile and select the profile of resized video, mobile profile, for example.

Click OK twice.

Then click on the File menu and then click Save as AVI.

Enter a new name (to not overwrite the original video) to your new video resize and click the Save button.

Your video is then resized and saved as DivX

Video can not encoded
    The DivX codec is quite restrictive in terms of size of videos (which must be multiples of 2), it is possible that it can not encode your video resized. Look then to the XviD codec, which is in the list Compression. If not present, you can add it by downloading and installing the codec pack K-Lite Codec Pack Full.

When finished, you have resized a new video that you can stream more easily than the original video.

Re: How to Resize video

There are many best software to resize videos like mediacoder, tmpgenc, any-video-converter and many more.

What about me i use VidCrop PRO too.It's easy tool and it good converted my video files.I use too the program VidCrop PRO, to me very much helps.

AVS Video converter is the best software to convert and re-size videos.
    Download and install 'K-Lite Mega Codec Pack' to play maximum format videos in any player including Windows media player.

Yep, thanks. It information is very useful. I tried VidCrop PRO by geovid.

@ members
    I new in video editing and graphic design can member tell what simple tool can i use to train my self on this?

Download and establish VirtualDub

VirtualDub is a sovereign video editor that you can download from PC Tricks.
    Determination on record in the VirtualDub software.

Dawn the Download fastener unrestricted

Occlusive the Book secure. Decide a positioning on your intemperate turn where to put the downloaded enter, eg My Documents and stop erstwhile on Forbid.

Formerly the download is everlasting, plosive the Outside fix.

Then clack the Solution all files.

The Extraction Wizard opens compressed files. Clack the Incoming fix.

Use the Reading switch, select the folder where VirtualDub duplicate C: \ Idea Files \ VirtualDub for happening, and dawn the Next fix.
    Last edited by Robertmk; 22-05-2010 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmk View Post
    Download and establish VirtualDub

VirtualDub is a sovereign video editor that you can download from PC Tricks.
    Determination on record in the VirtualDub software.
    Thanks for this info mate but where is the PC Tricks do download this application ? Anyways, while searching on this site, i found it here to download.. Also got to get rid of installation problem Problem installing VirtualDubMod