Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Install Custom Firmware on OLD PSP without Pandora Battery [ChickHen Installer Method]

Install Custom Firmware on OLD PSP without Pandora Battery [ChickHen Installer Method]

This is a tutorial for all the newbie who want to install Custom Firmware in their PSP but are hesitant due to the hardware modification and stuff. This method lets you install Custom Firmware on your PSP without the need of Pandora Battery. This method is similar to the other old methods.

WARNINGS :

• Install Custom firmware and mods at your own Risk.
    • It is recommended that you install CFW on the PSP which are not under warrant.
    • Do not attempt to install this on PSP 3000 and the newer version of PSP.
    • This method only works on PSPs with Firmware Version 5.03 and below.

re: Install Custom Firmware on OLD PSP without Pandora Battery [ChickHen Installer Method]

Softwares you will need :

Firmware Update 5.03 - Download

Firmware Version 5.0 - Download

Hellcat's Recovery Flasher 1.50 - Download

Chicken Installer depending on your PSP :

Chicken Installer for Phat and Slim are both attached with this Post.

Note : If you have a PSP Slim do not use Chicken Installer for PSP Phat and vice-verse.

Get Ready To Do it...
    Attached Files Attached Files

re: Install Custom Firmware on OLD PSP without Pandora Battery [ChickHen Installer Method]

What to do and How to do :

1. If you already are on Firmware 5.03 Skip the follwoing steps and Jum to step 7

2. Connect your PSP to your Computer and Open the USB Drive of your PSP from the Computer

3. Extract the Firmware Update Version 5.03 abd place it in "PSP\GAME\UPDATE" folder

4. Now Exit the USB Mod and disconnect the PSP from the Computer and restart the PSP

5. Now run the Firware 5.03 Update from XMB

6. Now you should be on Firmware 5.03

7. Again Connect your PSP to the Computer and Run Chicken Installer [Slim/Phat] which applies to you and do not change the installation path

8. Now Run the Chicken Installer Application

9. Now in the PSP Memory Stick select your drive letter and click 'Install ChickHEN'

10. When you get the message saying "ChickHEN Installed!" exit the USB mode from XMB

11. Now navigate to Photos and there will be ChickHEN, just click on it.

12. PSP will be restarted and it takes some time so have some patience. If your PSP freezes, its no problem, keep trying

13. Now copy Hellcat's Recovery Flasher 1.50 in the "PSP\GAME" folder

14. Now place the Firmware 5.0 in the root of the PSP's Memory Stick and rename it 500.PBP

15. Again Exit the USB mode from XMB and navigate to Game and run Hellcat's Recovery Flasher

16. Just keep an eye on the instructions and follow it carefully

17. Done!!

If any queries, do post...

Whenever I try to install chickenhen, after selecting my drive i get: Run Time error '76' Path not found.

Any help would be much appreciated thanks!
    Yah am getting the same thing. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by FaMe FacToR View Post
    Whats your PSP version and Motherboard? Guess your PSPs aren't supported. If you have any problem see this guide and try this method :
    how to install Custom Firmware in PSP?
    Running pspident my motherboard type is Fat, motherboard model: TA-079 v3 and my version is Fat v1.2

thanks for the link ill try it now any pray lol

Quote Originally Posted by mohadrian View Post
    Running pspident my motherboard type is Fat, motherboard model: TA-079 v3 and my version is Fat v1.2

thanks for the link ill try it now any pray lol
    Whats your software version?

Quote Originally Posted by FaMe FacToR View Post
    Whats your software version?
    It was version 1.5, but now im using the 5.03 that i got in this guide

Quote Originally Posted by mohadrian View Post
    It was version 1.5, but now im using the 5.03 that i got in this guide
    This method should work on your PSP. But try out the one with Pandora Battery. That will definitely work. Do post back after you try out the other method. All the best!

i get the run time error 76 path not found

Quote Originally Posted by xxslingbladexx View Post
    i get the run time error 76 path not found
    Please detail your problem... If this method doesn't work for you, you can try the method with Pandora battery...

i run steps 1-7 i go to Run the Chicken Installer Application it instaled fine on my cpu it wont let me install to my psp i get run time error path not found

i was able to get thre last prob i get 2 the very end to install the firmware and it tells me error opening 500.PBP (0x80010002)

Did you follow the proper steps? Did you rename the files properly?

mine says the system software of your psp system is version 6.10 there is no need to update

You must then downgrade it to 1.50 so that you can then install the latest Custom version OS...

How do you run chickhen installer????

Read the first post of this topic, you will understand how to run it...

My psp goes into an N: drive on my computer, but that drive is not an option for the chickhen to look for the memory stick, is there a way I can change this?

the download links for chickhen go to a page with a 1x1 pixel image.
    i dont think thats what you want us to download.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBagel View Post
    the download links for chickhen go to a page with a 1x1 pixel image.
    i dont think thats what you want us to download.
    This thread was made some time ago, i think you need to search for the latest ChickHen Installer mentioned here...

when i run the ile inside images, it freezes then shuts off, doesnt restart

Re: Install Custom Firmware on OLD PSP without Pandora Battery [ChickHen Installer Method]

Ok I got the file path to be recognized, but when running HC and i choose to install M33 CFW (of version selected above) i get the following error:

FATAL: Error 0x80020321 while unassigning flash0:
    WARNING: Error 0x80020321 while unassigning flash1:
    *disabling settings format,c clearing registry!
    flash2: wasn't assigned - thats ok
    flash3: wasn't assigned - thats ok
    Extracting special updater. PRX.....
    Loading updater modules
    Error 80010002 leading/starting nand_updater.prx
    Error 80010002 leading/starting lfatfs_updater.prx
    Error 80010002 leading/starting lflash_fatfmt_updater.prx

Many thanks for any help

PS: i also got my thing 2 find the right file by extracting the picture directly to my photos folder. Hope that helps

Whats your PSP version and Motherboard? Guess your PSPs aren't supported. If you have any problem see this guide and try this method :

Well, you need to do what you did. But make sure there is no umd inserted in the PSP. Also you just have to navigate to the images and do not open it, it will freeze and patch your PSP. Also make sure that the memory card that you use is of any other brand. Dont use Sony memory card else it will not work

I was just updating my firmware on my psp, and it completely stopped working and now the system doesn't do anything, what should I do?

The only problem with that is that my psp is locked up and all i get is a black screen when I turn it on.
    Do you hear any boot up sound? In case if you are only seeing green light on your psp when you turn it on and cannot see the memory stick light flashing either and also if your psp suddenly turns off then it means that your psp is bricked. You will have to purchase a mainboard for it I am afraid.

Re: Install Custom Firmware on OLD PSP without Pandora Battery [ChickHen Installer Method]

ChickHEN is an loader for all Sony PSP models (1000, 2000 and 3000) to run homebrew apps on official Sony 5.03 firmware. If you want to run ISO, CSO or any other form of UMD backup. You can install 5.03 Gen-A or install CFWEnabler. Both custom firmware allows you to run games from your memory stick AND run homebrew. Everything runs on the onboard memory of the PSP so there’s no risk of damage (unless you stray away from the instructions). The current version of chickHen is chickHen-R2.

For more information, you can check out the following links. Before you proceed to installing custom firmware on your PSP, you need to install and successfully run the chickHen hack. Custom firmware is modified Sony-made firmware so that you can run homebrew (user made programs) and copies of UMD games stored on your Memory Stick as ISOs, as well as old games via emulators.

Install PSP Custom Firmware M33

Charging a PSP hard mod pandora battery

How to make a Pandora Battery

I know i just signed up but it was success to me. Took me awhile to get 1.50 to work. And the photo thing took about 4-5 restarts for me. By the end you should have 5.00 M33-4 CFW. Just be sure you guys put everything where they need to be.

My psp model: PSP 1001

sad Re: Install Custom Firmware on OLD PSP without Pandora Battery [ChickHen Installer Method]

my firmware is version 6.30 before, so when i update the 5.30 it says mine is the newest somthin like that..... so how can i do? plz help me!!!!!!!!!!!

kukubird,

Well, from what I have read from all over the net and news, the 6.20 firmware of the PSP is un-downgradable. Which version of the PSP do you have? In any case, if you get it to work, you'll brick your PSP for good (no unbrick system out there). I'm just warning you. There are many video tutorial on how to downgrade psp but all are fake it seems.

@andrew i downgraded my psp from 6.31 its possible man

wakydude2, how did you do it?

Install Custom Firmware on OLD PSP without Pandora Battery [ChickHen Installer Method]

Hi I had a question. My PSP was running on the hellcat's recovery flasher 1.50 and it turned off. Now im trying to turn it back on and It just shows a blank screen but the green light is on. What do I do?

Sorry and also that it doesnt turn off when I try to turn it back off.
    But whenever I take out the battery and plug it into the AC adaptor, it turns right on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast