Thread: MOBILEME: Internet Service for Apple

MOBILEME: Internet Service for Apple

On June 9, 2008 Apple introduced MobileMe to Mac users. If you have Mac account it is automatically transformed into MobileMe account.This name change the interface regarding the daily use of services.While most existing services Mac remain same and some lost, others are emerged and allow users to iPhone and iPod Touch to benefit these services,with ease of use increased. MobileMe is also compatible with PCs.

What is MobileMe

MobileMe is the new name given to Internet services for Apple Mac, iPhone, iPod touch, and also for PC.which brings together the best aspects

MobileMe stores all your e-mail, contacts and calendars on a secure online server your personal account MobileMe or cloud, and pushes it to your iPhone, iPod touch, Mac and PC. Once you make a change on one device, the cloud updates the others. This is done automatically, instantly and continuously. Synchronization between your different devices automatically.

MobileMe works with Mail, Address Book and iCal on a Mac, with Microsoft Outlook on a PC running Windows XP or Vista, and with the applications built into your iPhone or iPod touch.

What are the changes in the services?

• The disk space available for email and iDisk from 10 to 20 GB
    • Address ap@me.com Although you can either keep your address ap@mac.com
    • MobileMe will sync bookmarks across computers, and send them to your iPhone and iPod touch. However, you can not access your bookmarks directly on the site
    • The iCards deleted.
    • Regarding Homepage if you previously had an account of Mac, you can continue to edit your pages
    • The price is less than the services. Mac.
    • The Groups is no longer part of MobileMe.

Re: MOBILEME: Internet Service for Apple

HOW TO SUBSCRIBE MOBILE ME?

New users can subscribe to Mobile Me by visiting here.Your account MobileMe will be created in a few clicks follow the instruction on the screen.

• you can choose either free trial MobileMe for a period of 60 days by clicking free trial subscription.After your account is created, you can then enter your username and password to log into your account.
    • A registration form appears. Fill it with your country and postal code, email , birth date and security question in case you lose your password.Once filled out completely, click Continue
    • A payment window appears.After you paid new window appear showing the details of your account as login, password, date, me.com email address, mail server, SMTP server, address etc .

Note :
    Even for free MobileMe for 60 days it is necessary to enter credit card details. After this period of 60 days, you will be charged for benefit of services from MobileMe for 1 year.If you do not want to subscribe more than trial period then you need to unsubscribe before completion of trial period of 60 day.
    To disconnect from your account MobileMe, click the button at the top right corner of the window MobileMe

Even if MobileMe is secured log out by clicking this button, when you no longer need to access your account mainly if you log in from a cybercafe. If you are on stand by for 15 minutes you will be automatically logged out from your account.

Mobile Me for iPod Touch and iPhone?

For iPod Touch and iPhone you need to upgrade version 2.0 or higher to use push mail, push contacts, push calendar and push bookmarks.To configure your iPhone and iPod Touch, see HERE setup page from Apple.Check for Apple latest patch to update MobileMe.This patch updates the labels in System Preferences menus

SERVICES OFFERED WITH MOBILE ME

• me.com email:
      This is an email service that includes mail storage IMAP / POP, secure access to mail, protecting against viruses and a whole new interface based on the web.
    • Previous account of Mac is still valid ,you can keep your mac.com address instead of me.com address. Whether you choose mac.com or me.com, it is exactly the same email account and the same mailbox.
    • Access webmail.me.com:
      That will allow you to send and receive emails on your me.com address in from any computer (Mac / PC / Linux) in the world
    • Address Book:
      With MobileMe account you get the Address Book that manages the Address Book on your computer.With MobileMe synchronization address book is synchronized with your MobileMe account and computer. You can access all your contacts from any computer but also from your iPod Touch and iPhone.
    • iDisk:
    • You get storage area on the Apple servers iDisk, you can access it with internet.it is also available for Windows or Linux. You can use the iDisk to share files over the Internet.
    • MobileMe Calendar:
      MobileMe works with iCal. iCal events are automatically passed on all your Macs, your iPod Touch and iPhone as MobileMe sync.
    • Backup:
      You now have a personal backup solution that allows you to store data on CD, DVD or on your iDisk.
    • MobileMe Sync:
      You can synchronize multiple Macs with your iPod Touch and iPhone through MobileMe servers for the Address Book of iCal and Mail, also synchronize favorites of Safari.
    • offers regular software:
      You can take advantage of prices on the purchase of software.you can simply drag drop to download software
    • Support:
      Online help on services MobileMe and also tutorials on the use of certain software.
    • Gallery site:With optimum quality and good display options the Web Gallery allow you to share your photos and movies on the web.

If you have a personal domain, you can set your personal domain server by default in your account of MobileMe.

You have 20 GB to allocate between email box and iDisk.To manage this size click on Account at top of the left of the front page of your MobileMe account then go to Preferences storage.you can see this tab Webmail, Address Book, Calendar, Gallery, iDisk and Account

Once clicked on Account you to a page offering several topics concerning the characteristics and settings of your MobileMe account.which invite you to fill these categories.

• Summary: main features of your MobileMe account
    • Personal information: My, name, email address secondary, language,time zone
    • Account Options: Select the Renew for automatic renewal.you have a bandwidth of 200 GB per month which is good enough to host a blog or website, but if the bandwidth is still insufficient for you then you have to pay extra to increase it.
    • Data Billing: Provide details of your credit card
    • Settings Password: To change the password for your MobileMe account.
    • Preferences Storage: Manage distribution of your 20 GB between mailbox and your iDisk. With the dropdown menu under Mail.This menu allows you to modify the disk space allocated to your mailbox me.com and iDisk.
    • Secure Certificates: A certificate is created for account when you activate the encryption iChat to ensure the security of your data. Another certificate is created automatically with the activation of Access to my Mac.

The evolution from Mac to MobileMe is not a great revolution as such most of the services remains same but provides more comfort and ease to the user for accounts. Interface is more pleasant disk space and bandwidth is increased ,easy for syncing with iPod touch and iPhone, and a price is little less. There is also faster access to services .

These are individual MobileMe services:
    1. An email me.com
    2. Webmail
    3. IDisk
    4. Gallery
    5. MobileMe Sync