Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Install Windows 7 RC ?

Re: How to Install Windows 7 RC ?

Hello , Check This thread ,

how to take screenshot from my setup

Hello,
    I installed windows 7 rc on a dell laptop. The installation went smooth. When I reboot, I see it start to load, then the screen goes black. If I hit the enter button, I get the sounds that it's logging into windows, but I can't see anything on the screen. Everytime I boot, I get the same thing, I see it loading and then black screen. Any ideas what it could be?

I think you might have a installed a non compatible driver for display or it might be the problem with your display card... I will suggest you to specify a bit of more informatiom like what motherboard you are using, also the video card if any...??? Giving some information will help you getting fast & accurate answer...!

Reboot your computer By holding down the F8 key , it will Boot you in safe mode with networking ,now Search for the latest video or Graphics card driver from Your manufacturer for Windows 7,Download and install new driver after that Reboot you computer again in normal mode

install vmware then install windows on Vmware virtually and take screen shot with it ...

Divyesh-tech Guest

Hey Rudra nice tutorial yarr, Thanks!
    Last edited by Divyesh-tech; 19-07-2009 at 10:45 PM.

The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 6400, intel centrino, radeon mobility x1300 video card. I didn't install any drivers at first. Everything worked fine with Windows 7 beta. Now that I installed windows 7rc, I have the problem. When the computer boots, I see the 4 colors circling and come together, screen then goes black, then I get the windows sounds. I reinstalled the radeon drivers from dell support. Didn't work. I searched for updated drivers for 7rc, but didn't find any. My daughter really liked win 7, but if I can't get it to run, I'll have to downgrade to xp. If anyone know where to find the drivers for win7rc, I would really appreciate it, if that is what the problem really is.

Download drivers for Windows Vista 32-bit or 64-bit according to the Windows 7 version that you have installed. Windows 7 is still the RC version, last beta version so drives have not come for windows 7 yet, only nvidia [as far as i know] has developed drivers specially for Windows 7. Vista and Windows 7 has the same kernel so the drivers of Vista is compatible with Windows 7.

Thanks so much. I'll give it a shot tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by paperh1 View Post
    Thanks so much. I'll give it a shot tonight.
    Did you install it??

sad Re: How to Install Windows 7 RC ?

Hi, I need some help! I am currently using Windows 7 32 bit but I want to clean install the 64 bit version. when I try to install it, tells me that important drivers are missing and prompts me search for the drivers to install. What are the drivers it needs?? Thank you.

Boot from Windows 7 64-bit DVD and then proceed with the installation process, Post here, what error you get, if its hard to remember note it down and then post it.

when I boot from the DVD: to install it, tells me that important drivers are missing and prompts me search for the drivers to install. What are the drivers it needs?? crybaby:

I think you have a SATA hard disk. Change the BIOS settings for On-Board Sata. If it is set to RAID, change it to IDE or SATA. Just don't let it be RAID. Then try it out, doesn it help? If no, you need to update your BIOS...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12