Thread: Configure Exchange 2003 to ActiveSync with iPhone

Configure Exchange 2003 to ActiveSync with iPhone

The guide serves to synchronize an Exchange Server 2003 with PDA's or iPhone's.

Settings for iphone with account on Exchange 2003 is as follows :-

On Exchange Server:

Start / All Programs / Administrative tools / Internet Information Services manager
    default website - properties
    directory security - server certificate - next
    create a new certificate - next
    prepare the request now but send it later - next
    "FriendlyName" indicate Keylenght in 2048 - next
    Organization and Organizational Unit indicate - next
    Common name. Important!: Here, the DynDNS name for your server! - Next
    Country, state and city state - next
    Filename c:\Certreq.txt - next - next - finish

Certificate at the server:

Here must be an existing or newly attached server certificates are used

Start Internet Explorer, then click http://localhost/certsrv surf
    "request a certificate"
    "advanced certificate request"
    "Submit a certificate request by using a base-64-encoded CMC or PKCS # 10 file ..."
    in the window under "saved request" the entire contents of the files inside Certreq.txt paste
    under "Certificate Template" on "web server" switch! - "Submit" button
    Then "THE encoded" and clicked on "Download Certificate" button
    and save in c:\certnew.cer store

On Exchange Server:

Start / All Programs / Administrative tools / Internet Information Services manager
    default website - properties
    directory security - server certificate - next
    process the pending request to install the certificate - next
    c: \ certnew.cer state - next
    SSL Port: 443 - next - next - finish

Certificate at the server:

Start Internet Explorer, then click http://localhost/certsrv surf
    "Download a CA certificate, certificate chain, or CRL" click on
    "Download CA Certificate", clicked the leave
    save, as the name "My Root Certificate.cer" indicate
    the latter in the PPC import

If the extent has been configured on the Exchange must have a virtual directory to be added, otherwise the error message 0x85010014 appears.

This is only for a single Exchange Server without front-end

Create a secondary virtual directory, which does not require SSL, and add a registry entry for the new virtual directory.
    Make sure before you copy that steps 1-4 are not forms-based authentication is enabled. If this is the case, must be below the Exchange System Manager forms-based authentication and disable the IIS to be restarted.

Thus, access to the virtual directory for Exchange ActiveSync and Outlook Mobile Access to work, you need the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
    The following steps are for Exchange Server 2003 thought.

Info: These steps are for Outlook Mobile Access connections and Exchange ActiveSync connections. After configuration, use both Outlook Mobile Access and Exchange ActiveSync, the newly created virtual directory ..

1. Start Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
    2. Search Exchange virtual directory. Default location is Web Sites \ Default Web Site \ Exchange
    3. Right-click the Exchange virtual directory, click All Tasks, and then click Save Configuration to a File.
    4. In the File name box, type a name. Exchange_activesync example, click OK.
    5. Right-click the top of the Web site. Typical is the default Web site. Click New, and then click Virtual Directory (from file).
    6. In the Import Configuration dialog box, click Browse, find the file that we created in step 4, click Open, and then click Read File.
    7.Under Select a configuration to import, click Exchange, and then OK.

A box pops up and informs about the "virtual directory already exists."

8. In the Alias box, type a name for the new virtual directory, which you have to use Exchange ActiveSync and Outlook Mobile Access use mobiletest.ezB type exchange-oma. Click OK.
    9. Right-click the new virtual directory. In this example, click exchange-oma. Click Properties.
    10. Click the Directory Security tab.
    11. Under Authentication and access control, click Edit.
    12. Make sure the following authentication is enabled and click OK:
    • Integrated Windows authentication
    • Basic authentication

13. Under IP address and domain name restrictions, click Edit.
    14. Click Denied access, click Add, click Single computer, type the IP address of the server which you configure and then click OK.
    15. Under Secure communications, click Edit. Make sure that Require secure channel (SSL) is not enabled and click OK.
    16. Click OK and close the IIS Manager.
    17. Click Start, then Run, type regedit, and OK.
    18. Search the site for the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet\Services\MasSync\Parameters
    19. Right-click Parameters, click to New, and then click String Value.
    20. Type ExchangeVDir, and press ENTER. Right click on the ExchangeVDir, and Modify.

Info ExchangeVDir is case sensitive. If you are not the exact name of the ExchangeVDir field, ActiveSync will be the key in the exchange-oma folder is not found.

21.In the Value data box, type the name of the new virtual directory (as in Step 8) for example. / exchange-oma. Click OK.
    22. Close the Registry Editor.
    23. Restart the IIS Admin service, as follows: Click Start, then Run, type services.msc and OK.
    In the list of services, right-click on the IIS Admin service will restart.

Re: Configure Exchange 2003 to ActiveSync with iPhone

I have the following problem, I have a Windows 2003 SBS Server with Exchange Server. Here I have Outlook 2002 and Active Sync 4.5.0 installed to an HP iPaq to synchronize. First an error Mapi32.dll with exchange arouse, which is the Exchange server is not using a mail client understands.
    So I have, thanks to a tip from the forum here, the original Exchange Mapi32.dll restored from the CD. If I remove the Mapi32.dll again or change the Active Sync announces an error. Therefore I suspect the problem with the Mapi32.dll together. Unfortunately, I have no clue how Active Sync is built.

When I synchronize, I get no error message and everything is running smoothly through. Thereafter, the handheld is connected to the PC and I can also exchange data.

It is, however, no date, contact, email or task synchronized. Although these in Active Sync to synchronize specified.
    As an option, I have indicated in conflicts the data on the device to write about.