Thread: How to Repair an external hard drive in Windows ?

How to Repair an external hard drive in Windows ?

Repairing a hard drive with chkdsk

Unfortunately, it happens to have any unpleasant surprises in wanting to browse external hard drive, but of course the same could happen to you on an internal hard drive. Some time when trying to access a directory. It is not accessible, it shows you "Access denied":

Since it was accessible without any problems before, we can quickly that it is not due to a permissions issue. It is most certainly due to the fact that the file system (NTFS file system in which formatted my hard drive) has a file table that lists these, and on the other hand there are the data themselves which are written in clusters below . Errors or inaccessible folders files orphans are often due to the fact that the directory is still listed but it is pointing towards the right data for the first case, and that data is always present but that the file is no longer listed for the second case.

So how can we fix this? Windows offers a command line utility called "chkdsk" to try to repair this kind of error. Let's try it at first. In the start menu -> "all programs" -> "Accessories", run the command prompt:

In this command prompt that opens, you type the command chkdsk / FI: where I: represents the drive letter and change course.

You can see lot of errors on the disk and the / F to allow chkdsk to repair them automatically.

You can point out to me some recovered orphaned files and directories created me named "found.xxx" to store them:

Re: How to Repair an external hard drive in Windows ?

Format a hard disk in Windows

Warning: this will erase all data on your hard disk!

1. Open your desktop and locate the drive on your external hard drive.
    2. Then right-click the drive and choose Format from the menu that opens.
    3. The format window will then open.

Reformat the NTFS file system, however in XP I have that choice available. The quick format option is useful when your hard drive works fine but you want to erase it completely for various reasons, because the formatting is often quite long. click "Start" to begin formatting.

You will get the warning, click "OK" only if you are sure to lose all your existing data on the disk.

The formatting will begin and you just have to wait until the end, a message will tell you that it is impossible to format so that a program uses the disk. In the latter case, close all programs that use it and restart the formatting.

You finally see that formatting is in progress with the progress bar will appear until a few.

After a while, you should get a message saying that the formatting is complete and if you go see your drive, it must be empty. You should be able to complete it normally unless you have another problem on the hardware or connections.

Remove the many tiny screws that holds the drive together. Eventually, you'll get to the innards of your drive. Be very careful not to bend or force a piece to go where it doesn't want to.

how to wrote reciprocal link exchange mail ????

and want to know what is reciprocal link exchange ??

Quote Originally Posted by fmasti7 View Post
    how to wrote reciprocal link exchange mail ????

and want to know what is reciprocal link exchange ??
    The Question you have asked is in the wrong section, and in an inappropriate way,to get your problem solved with the most possible answer please start New question with the New thread in an appropriate section.

Here i will provide you an Answer to Question:

reciprocal link exchange is a link for a link agreement or link exchange between two websites.

Hello

This use to work for me, and I had 100% all my data, however now its making a tick tick noise and not being found on My Computer. And so I cannot run the commands. Any way of accessing it otherwise?

Thanks!

smile Re: How to Repair an external hard drive in Windows ?

Hello
    my external hard disk felt from my hand and now when i plug it directly asks me to format it.... And i don't want to format its full of data... can someone help in this ... I'll be thanks for that person

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bronto View Post
    Hello
    my external hard disk felt from my hand and now when i plug it directly asks me to format it.... And i don't want to format its full of data... can someone help in this ...
    Download Data Recovery Wizard software which is an advanced and Best data recovery software to do format recovery, unformat and recover deleted files emptied from Recycle Bin or lost data due to partition loss or damage, software crash, virus infection, unexpected shutdown or any other unknown reasons.