Thread: Apple MOBILEME services : ADDRESS

Apple MOBILEME services : ADDRESS

Apple MOBILEME services : ADDRESS

If you have a Macintosh, and you have subscribed to a "MobileMe", you can have a personalized email address "me.com" (example: amy.lol @ me.com). This address email offers many advantages. I propose you to discover how to set up "Mail" and what are the advantages of such an address.

If (and only if) you already have an account with "Mac," your address "mac.com" is of course valid. You have the option to use either indiscriminately suffixe@mac.com, the suffixe@me.com for your email address (amy.lol @ me.com or amy.lol @ mac.com).

This is exactly the same mailbox. That you write sur@me.com ou@mac.com, your emails will go to the same mailbox. No need to create two separate accounts in your e-mail.

Re: Apple MOBILEME services : ADDRESS

CREATING AN ADDRESS IN "@ me.com"

To qualify for this service, you must create an account "MobileMe" - Click HERE

Your email address "me.com" is created. You must now configure your e-mail. "MAIL", the messaging software Apple included with OS X, is specially designed for a perfect management address "me.com." I therefore advise you to use this software, but nothing prevents you from using another. Your email address "me.com" works in fact with all the emailers and can be configured as POP or IMAP MobileMe.

PARAMETERS 'MAIL TO ADDRESS IN THE "@ me.com"

1. Run "Mail", go to Preferences and click "Accounts".
    2. Click the "+" button (bottom left) to create a new account. A window configuration and account creation allows you to easily create your account. Simply fill in the window indicating your full name, adresse@me.com and your password (the password for your account "MobileMe").
    3. Click the "Create".
    4. Once done, your "MobileMe" will appear by default in the form of MobileMe IMAP account and recognizable logo with "Cloud" in the list of accounts

Here is the information you need to be in "Account Information" on your email account "Me":

1. Under "Account Type" you "MobileMe IMAP".
    2. In "Description", by default you have "MobileMe", but you can name this account as you sing!
    3. In "Email Address" you have your address en@me.com, of course!
    4. In the "Full Name", you have your first and last name (or whatever you want)
    5. "server reception" = mail.me.com
    6. In "User Name" and "Password" = your login account "MobileMe"!
    7. "Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)": Choose either the smtp server of your ISP Internet connection (eg smtp.orange.fr if you connect to the internet via Orange), the smtp.me.com.

Finally, set the tabs "of BAL Behaviors" and "Advanced" as indicated in the "Mail Setup". (Note: the appearance of these two tabs is slightly different from that assigned to POP accounts, there are some additional setting options). So, your new address now appears in the left column of "Mail"!

Note
    however, that you can set up your address "@ me.com" as a simple POP account, if you prefer to use this account instead of POP mode "MobileMe IMAP" (*).
    In this case, simply create a "POP" with your account settings "MobileMe" by clicking on the "+" button (bottom left) to create this account (instead of your account @ me.com mode "MobileMe IMAP".
    The window creation account opens again. Indicate your full name, your adresse@me.com and your password, but this time uncheck the "Configure account automatically," then click "Continue". You will then manually set the POP account rather than in "MobileMe IMAP".

In the menu "Account Type", this time choose "POP" and then set the account in the same way as we did above for the account type "MobileMe IMAP". Only the "Account Type" change.

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF AN ADDRESS IN "@ me.com"?

• you have an address "Mac"
    • Compatibility with all emailers.
    • Possibility to configure this address in "POP" or "MobileMe IMAP".
    • A perfect symbiosis with your iDisk "and software" Mail and Address Book of Mac OS X.
    • Ability to send emails from your address to "me.com", from any ISP. For example if you have an Internet connection at Orange, of course you can use your address "Orange.fr" to send your emails, but also address the "me.com" ... This is extremely useful if you used to zap between different ISPs, as this prevents you from sending emails with the use of multiple addresses.
    • A perfect symbiosis with your account "MobileMe": You can do some casual settings, such as the activation of an automatic reply if you're on vacation (Answering Service) or the ability to forward your emails to another email address of your choice and other options to customize your letter "me.com."
    • The possibility, thanks to "MobileMe" send and receive your mail from any computer Mac or PC, or even from your iPod Touch and iPhone, anywhere in the world! And what's more, thanks to the synchronization between your computer and your remote server "MobileMe" (through "MobileMe Sync"), you can by going to your home web page of the "MobileMe", access (and from any computer) to your "Address Book"!
    • Possibility to configure the size of the box to measure (within the limits of 20 GB provided by default).
    • Your address "me.com" has an anti-virus and anti-spam.
    • This is also helpful with Webmail