This is one of the services "MobileMe" most popular and used because it allows you not only save data on your remote account "MobileMe", but it also gives you the ability to synchronize quickly and easily your different computers (Mac and PC), and post your iPod Touch and iPhone. It must for the first time to avoid any confusion between iSync and MobileMe Sync ", these are two different functions: "ISync" is available for everyone and allows your Mac to synchronize with external devices: mobile phones, and PDAs.
"MobileMe sync" is reserved for account holders "MobileMe" and you can synchronize many elements present on your Mac with your server "MobileMe" and thus to synchronize in this way all your Macs them. Once your updates on the remote server (your "MobileMe"), your iPod Touch and iPhone will also be in line with this update (if these devices are configured accordingly).
It should also be noted that "MobileMe Sync is also available in some applications, such as" Safari "or" Mail "for example, which further facilitates the functions of synchronization and access to services" MobileMe. "
Settings and use ME MOBILE SYNCHRONIZATION
- Open the dashboard "MobileMe" in the "System Preferences." You will see 4 tabs:
- The "In": This is where you enter your login and password for your account "MobileMe" (if you have not already done, do it!). You can also access your account information.
- The "iDisk" Concerning your "iDisk"
- The "Access to my Mac" is a new feature added in Leopard that allows account holders to "MobileMe" to remotely control other Mac OS X Leopard (see tip "Access to my Mac" on this site ).
- And the tab "Synchronization" that concerns us here and to this function "MobileMe sync!