Connect to internet on PC using GPRS Cell Phone via Bluetooth
This guide shows you all the configurations steps needed to add a mobile phone as a Bluetooth modem to your computer. You can simply use your cell phone as a modem. We are using computer running Windows 2000 without modem, a TDK USB Bluetooth dongle (version 22.214.171.124), and a Ericsson T39m in this example.
Here we go step by step to connect internet on computer using GPRS phone:
1. Right Click on my network Places and Select Properties to see Network Connections
2. Then double-click the "Make New Connection" icon.
3. The wizard will start, then click the Next button.
4. Select the "Dial-up to the internet" option. As shown below.
5. Select the last option to manually enter the configuration for this connection. See image.
6. Select phone line and modem option to connect internet.
7. Wizard will start the installation of new modem as in this example we don't have modem. Select "Don't detect my modem and click Next.
NOTE: If you already have a modem installed, then you can directly go down to step number 14.
8. Find the manufacturer and model from the list. In this case, its Ericsson T39 Bluetooth Modem.