Thread: Connect to internet on PC using GPRS Cell Phone via Bluetooth

Connect to internet on PC using GPRS Cell Phone via Bluetooth

Connect to internet on PC using GPRS Cell Phone via Bluetooth

This guide shows you all the configurations steps needed to add a mobile phone as a Bluetooth modem to your computer. You can simply use your cell phone as a modem. We are using computer running Windows 2000 without modem, a TDK USB Bluetooth dongle (version 1.3.2.7), and a Ericsson T39m in this example.

Here we go step by step to connect internet on computer using GPRS phone:
    1. Right Click on my network Places and Select Properties to see Network Connections

2. Then double-click the "Make New Connection" icon.

3. The wizard will start, then click the Next button.

4. Select the "Dial-up to the internet" option. As shown below.

5. Select the last option to manually enter the configuration for this connection. See image.

6. Select phone line and modem option to connect internet.

7. Wizard will start the installation of new modem as in this example we don't have modem. Select "Don't detect my modem and click Next.

NOTE: If you already have a modem installed, then you can directly go down to step number 14.

8. Find the manufacturer and model from the list. In this case, its Ericsson T39 Bluetooth Modem.

Re: Connect to internet on PC using GPRS Cell Phone via Bluetooth

9. In wizard to select the COM port, Right-click the Bluetooth icon in the system tray and select Advanced Configuration.

10. Click the Client Applications tab to view the Bluetooth Serial Port. Check Client, not the Local Service port.

11. Come back to the Wizard and then select the correct COM port.

12. Sometimes the driver does not have a Digital Signature. Just click Yes to continue the installation.

13. Click finish to end the wizard and you get the new model installed.

14. The Wizard will then create the Connection itself. Uncheck "Use area code" because we just want to dial the GPRS code. Use the default GPRS configuration in the SIM Card. Then click the Next button.

15. In this case Vodafone does not require these fields, you have to check with your carrier.

16. In this step just give a name to your new connection.

17. Select Yes or No to setup internet e-mail (you don't need this if you already have your configuration done).

18. Click Finish to complete internet Connection Wizard.

19. To connect, just double-click the new Connection icon. (You can also create a shortcut on desktop.)

20. You will see the "Dialing" dialog, and the Bluetooth icon in the System Tray will go green.

21. You will get the notification when your connection is established.

22. Look at "My Bluetooth Places" again and you will see the mobile icon showing a connection is established.

23. Now, Internet Explorer will set the new connection as the default one. If you start Internet Explorer it will ask to connect. Click on "Work Offline".

24. On Internet Explorer click Tools => Internet Options => Connections tab. Change your default connection or "Never dial a connection" if you want to use a LAN connection by default.

how i connect my pc with china mobile fone to connect to internet

Hello,
    First of all you will need to download the drivers available for the mobile phone. I guess you will find them on their official site. Just install them and you are connected to internet. Also, if you know linux based operating system then you can use the live CD , it is simple to use in linux. You have to just plugin the mobile phone, without installing the drivers. Guess this information will help you.

I done above u given all. i can also got notification message. But in my laptop i was using Mozilla Firefox Browser, in that i was getting server not found message.
    can any body tell me the possible solution.

Quote Originally Posted by nagadevan17 View Post
    I done above u given all. i can also got notification message. But in my laptop i was using Mozilla Firefox Browser, in that i was getting server not found message.
    Make sure that you have working GPRS connection. Also, it may be coz you dont have good signal or so. Also, ensure that you haven't selected wrong port. If it is done, this error message is obvious to come. I'll suggest you to delete the modem and try the above steps again.