Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Create a system recovery disk in Windows 7

Create a system recovery disk in Windows 7

As was the case with Vista when Windows becomes unbootable, you can use system recovery tool, in Windows 7, the installation DVD options for recover the system.

Windows 7 also incorporates a very interesting feature: the creation of a repair disk directly from the system.

• In Control Panel, click System and Security (System and Security), and then click Backup and Restore (Backup and Restore).

• In the left pane, click Create a system recovery disk (Create a system recovery disc);

• Insert a blank CD in the DVD, and then click Create Disk (Create Disc).

• The disc is created is a few seconds:

• To check, reboot the system on the DVD player.

• After loading the files, select the language, and then click Next (Next).

• Windows 7 installed the system is found, click Next (Next):

• The recovery tools appear:

• Repair boot (Startup Repair)

• System Restore to an earlier date (System Restore)

• Restoring a backup image (Image Recovery System)

• Memory Diagnostic Tool Windows (Windows Memory Diagnostic)

• Command Prompt (Command Prompt)

It is hoped that the PC brand that does not provide the installation DVD will not bypass this feature which will repair a failing system.

Re: Create a system recovery disk in Windows 7

Hey thats a cool guide on windows 7 system recovery disk.
    I think its more important because windows 7 is still in beta stage.

There is also a step-by-step guide provided by Microsoft on their system builder site for recovering from unbootable Win 7 systems. Haven't actually tried it, but I hear it's super easy to follow.

http://oem.microsoft.com/script/cont...?pageid=565279

Hello friend, the link that you have given is not working. It is not directing me to the exact place what you are talking about in your post. Could you help me finding the exact guide on Microsoft site which helps recovering from unbootable Windows 7 systems?

Hello Friends,

Actually I was looking for creating a system recovery disk for Windows 7 and Thanks for posting this. It is very helpful.

hi i was making a sysytem recovery disc. but the pop-up said that it doesnt have windows installer in the drive?

thanks its very good

i bought a new laptop with a pre installed windows7 os. but when i tried to creat a recovery disc this messege apper "prompted to insert a Windows installation disc"...what shall i do pls. help me solve this problem

will this disk return my system to its "original"(fresh out the box) state?

Naughty Re: Create a system recovery disk in Windows 7

also how do we know it truely works without crashing our pc

nabanitkalita Guest

System Recovery discs can be created by going to the Recovery Center of the system. The whole process takes 4 DVDs and about 1 hour. In case you have some problem with your system, with the help of the recovery disks, you can go back to the original state of the system when it was brand new. All the problems will be solved for sure, but the data will be lost. So, care must be taken to take a backup.

so if I buy a used laptop that's original operating system was Windows XP but was upgraded to Windows 7 then make these Recovery discs & something were to happen(like the harddrive be formatted) ... all I would have to do is put the first Racovery disc in the cd holder, reboot the machine and it would put everything back on there?

Quote Originally Posted by Sassyette View Post
    so if I buy a used laptop that's original operating system was Windows XP but was upgraded to Windows 7 then make these Recovery discs & something were to happen(like the harddrive be formatted) ... all I would have to do is put the first Racovery disc in the cd holder, reboot the machine and it would put everything back on there?
    Instead of the long way installing Windows 7, why dont you just dual boot with Windows 7? You can create partition on your hard drive, incase if it is needed, with many free parition manager software (such as like the EASEUS FREE Partition Manager) and then install Windows 7 operating system in it. Then create recovery cd for both operating system the way you like.

hi & thank you for answering ... there are three reasons 1) he(a stranger from eBay)loaded the laptop and 2) I have no idea how to dual boot or 3) it may not be possible from what I think I do know because I dunno if he set it up that way.

bogdan_evanzo Guest

Arrow Re: Create a system recovery disk in Windows 7

In windows 7 when you go in Control Panel --> Backup and Recovery Center you have multiple options. You can create an image only of the Operating System, you can select only documents, you have a great liberty of choosing. That's why I don't understand why one should buy recovery disks instead of creating themselves using the tools you have in Windows 7 . The tutorial here is well presented, and if you want to look to more detailed tutorials on how you can do it yourself you can consult also. It explains very well the steps.
    Last edited by Kunal; 25-01-2011 at 07:07 PM. Reason: External Linking is not allowed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast