Create a desktop shortcut for bypassing UAC to avoid UAC Administrative Permissions
In this guide, you will find how to create a desktop shortcut for bypassing UAC for programs that require UAC Administrative Permissions, and allow standard users to run these programs without administrative access. You will be doing it by using a known bypass trick in Task Manager and a desktop shortcut. You will also be able to use this trick to launch a program from the Command Prompt or from scripts.
In order to do so, please follow these steps:
1. Click on the Start button, type Task Scheduler in the "Start Search" box, then press Enter.
3.In the Create Task window, type in the name (and possibly the description) of the task. Click to select the “Run With Highest Privileges” checkbox. You do not need to change any other settings.
4 .click New
5.Browse for the program you want your standard users to run without requiring UAC
6 .Click OK and you will see your task entered into the Actions tab.
7. For laptop or portable computers that might be running on batteries, go to the Conditions tab and un-check the “Start the Task only when computer is Running on AC Power” check-box.
8 .Go to the Settings tab and check that the default check-boxes are selected. Click OK when done.
9. # Back in the Task Scheduler main window you will now see the new task listed under Scheduler Library with the status of "Ready".
10. Close Task Scheduler.
11. Right-click an empty spot on your Desktop and select New > Shortcut.
12. In the Create Shortcut window enter the following text:
Where "TaskName" is the name of the task you chose, from step #3.
13. Click Next and then enter a name for the shortcut. When done, click Finish.
Whenever you want to run the specified program, simply double-click on the shortcut you've created without requiring UAC prompts or complete Administrator access.
You can also further customize the shortcut with an icon or other settings if you wish.You will need to repeat this steps for any additional program you'll want to use without the need to answer the UAC prompts.
|Tags: computer, vista|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "Create a desktop shortcut for bypassing UAC to avoid UAC Administrative Permissions"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How to create My Computer shortcut on Desktop||kohali||Hardware Peripherals||6||06-03-2011 03:42 PM|
|Can't create desktop icon shortcut to URL address||Zool||Customize Desktop||3||10-08-2009 08:16 AM|
|Can't create desktop shortcut....help||Ebenezer||Operating Systems||2||20-04-2009 03:46 PM|
|How to Create Website Shortcut on Desktop||Itronix||Customize Desktop||2||08-04-2009 05:42 PM|
|Create a desktop shortcut for 3D Aero Flip||Baker||Customize Desktop||3||28-03-2009 10:28 AM|