Thread: Choosing between a Windows PC or a Mac

Choosing between a Windows PC or a Mac

For several months I am surprised at the thought of having to buy a new computer. This partly due to my 1.8 Ghz computer can not handle if I have a couple of programs open that I use daily. Think about it in such programs as Photoshop, Illustrator, Visual Studio, and so on.

During my training ICT lesson I have always been on / on Windows and Linux, which I never really got to Mac. Because a computer is a reasonable investment, I would like the first time the right decision.

My interest in Mac's what fueled by the work that some Mac computers were purchased. As I start reading about it and there were a lot of stereotypes (negative) around Mac had immediately disappeared.

Re: Choosing between a Windows PC or a Mac

Use friendly
    One of the major annoyances with me when I'm working on Windows, the user-friendliness.

Some reservations
    1. Why do I get to Windows which is totally useless messages where only an OK button on it. If I still can not choose what I answer fall therefore not bother me with those messages.
    2. Why should I when you install a program on Windows 10 times on the next button press for the program is installed on a Mac, you simply drag and drop files in a folder.

Security
    I suspect since Mac is based on Unix that the legal system and so much more together than bi stabbing j Windows. Even if the systems in terms of safety are the same then you would with a Mac is always safer to have that as the number of viruses in this market is much smaller.

Stability
    The Mac operating system is based on Unix so this is a clear case for me. Windows is the big loser. That would be the same as a moped (Windows) is similar to a car (Unix) stability.

Price
    The price shocked me in the beginning it immediately when I see how much was once a Mac is only if you read what you all get there, how good the product is finished and we have not even talked about the nice extras.

Plug and play
    About the plug and play capabilities of Windows I'm happy so this is certainly not a negative point for Windows. About Mac I have not heard many bad things regarding plug and play.

Speed
    After searching and viewing various benchmark tests between Windows and Mac computers, the Mac's in almost every test out. The tests I had always brooks between Mac and Windows computers with the same hardware.

Operating Systems
    I am always been a Windows and Linux users have. The advantage of a Mac through boot camp that I still can use Windows and Linux. Windows will still zoiezo I need because I often use Microsoft Visual Studio to program ado.

Conclusion
    This was a short list of my concerns about the different parts. My question to you is: What do you think I should do? Or a Windows PC or a Mac purchase. You can leave your comment below with your reasons why I should choose for a particular system.

With less than 3 percent of the market for computers worldwide, you might think that Mac OS X and the hardware it runs on are not a viable alternative to the Windows hegemony that most of us simply take for granted. Nothing could be further from the truth: Macs offer the best of both worlds, giving you the ability to run both Windows--with its huge software and games libraries--and Mac OS X--with its better security and iLife solutions--side by side on the same hardware. One might argue that a Mac is, in fact, the ultimate PC, simply because it can do so much more than other PCs. I believe this to be the case for many users.

There are, of course, some differences when it comes to using Macs and PCs for graphic design work. The the gap between general usability, between Macs and Windows PCs, has narrowed dramatically. Indeed Windows, since version 2000, has been a very stable operating system and some designers have argued that Apple's latest operating system, OS X, is somewhat less user friendly than its previous operating systems.Many designers have also grown up the Apple Mac GUI and believe it to be more focused on creative aspects than other operating systems. In particular color calibration and WYSIWYG issues are often thought to have been dealt with more favorably on Macs than PCs.

Hi friends, thanks for such nice views in this thread. I was also looking for an information like that.
    Last edited by abhishek; 24-12-2008 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Signature remove

Quote Originally Posted by Keith.J View Post
    There are, of course, some differences when it comes to using Macs and PCs for graphic design work. The the gap between general usability, between Macs and Windows PCs, has narrowed dramatically. Indeed Windows, since version 2000, has been a very stable operating system and some designers have argued that Apple's latest operating system, OS X, is somewhat less user friendly than its previous operating systems.Many designers have also grown up the Apple Mac GUI and believe it to be more focused on creative aspects than other operating systems. In particular color calibration and WYSIWYG issues are often thought to have been dealt with more favorably on Macs than PCs.
    I use photoshop on a PC everyday (that's what work has for me). You have a slightly steeper learning curve, have to make sure you have the right monitor, card, and that you calibrate but it's really quite easy to do creative work (at least if we are talking adobe) on a PC in this modern world.

you can decide whether to use one of the interoperability solutions, you should determine if a Mac is the way to go. Historically, Macs have been more expensive than comparable PCs, but prices have come down in recent years and Apple's machines are now much more competitive. Here's the difference today: Because Apple only offers very specific Mac configurations with few customization options, you don't get the wide range of price points in the Mac world as you do with PCs. So you will generally be able to find much less expensive and, go figure, much more expensive PCs than Macs. But if a particular Mac model does meet your needs, you will generally find that it is comparable in price to similar PCs.

Buy a Mac, especially if you are working with graphics software. Easy, stable (very important) and it all looks very beautiful (it would also). And just what you say, it is expensive but there's already a lot of default. So the ratio is so bad.